Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default DREAM Rescue Dachtoberfest 2015

We went to the DREAM Rescue Dachtoberfest on Sunday with Cash and Darby. It was a beautiful fall day and we had a good time. I took some pics of Cash and Darby in their costumes at home knowing that it would be almost impossible to get any there. They were not cooperative even at home (why should that surprise me?)

Here's Sherlock Cash

And Centerfielder Darby Mayes

And here are a few pics of the event

Tracy helped me do a couple of auction items and here they are

I do want you to know that the basket was NOT the one I gave to the woman organizing the silent auction. For some unexplained reason she took the stuff out of the cute little turquoise basket which matched the trays and Tracy's towels and put them in an olive green basket. Some of the stuff I had in the basket was also missing or used elsewhere which I found weird. She then put some other stuff in the turquoise basket. Nothing in that basket matched the turquoise one so I have no idea what the point of that was. (Can you tell I'm a bit disgruntled about this?) She also didn't display the purse very well and stuck the tissue holder Tracy made which was adorable inside instead of having it pinned on the outside the way I gave it to her. I just wanted everyone to know the basket was not my work. I didn't think it looked all that good.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Nice to see the boys in customs even if they were not cooperative. I agree with you about the baskets and your concernsit less it is something that is posted up front the donated baskets should have been left alone.

At the WMDF, volunteers do not bring baskets, I make them all myself and start collecting in Jan for the Oct event. When I put my raffles together for the WMDF (I am in charge of raffles), I hate for anyone to mess with them. I make it a point to make sure the baskets items are related and the value of the baskets are all the same approximate value. They are also wrapped in clear wrap to prevent "hands in the baskets". If they do not fit my criteria (people know it up front) then they are held for next year and reworked to fit they posted criteria. Yes, I can be a little demanding with the baskets yet I ahve been doing this for 14 years (MADF & WMDF combined) and people know my quality of raffles. I think that is why they do soooo well.

The WMDF was postponed to Nov 7th because of the storm a few weeks back and some of the vendors changed and I have new items that will go next year. The new vendors know this upfront also.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

Thanks, Yo. I get wanting to make really nice baskets and I guess I'm spoiled because the woman that used to the silent auctions had a lot of money and went to big charity galas so she was good at the auction. I wouldn't have minded if she had just called for items or if she had made the basket look better, but I told her I was doing a basket and she never said a thing. And, I color coordinated the basket and items and couldn't figure out why she put the stuff in a basket that didn't match. It just made no sense to me. It makes me feel like not even donating in the spring. I don't know what I'll do yet. And, as you can see in the picture, you can't even see that there are 2 trays in the basket. I think it probably would have brought $40 or $50 more if it had looked nice and you could see what was in there.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

The boys are seriously adorable!

I like the idea of the plastic wrap. DO NOT TOUCH UNLESS YOU ARE THE WINNER
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oceangirls For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls View Post
    The boys are seriously adorable!

I like the idea of the plastic wrap. DO NOT TOUCH UNLESS YOU ARE THE WINNER
    I understand why they like to use the plastic wrap, but unless it's put on right you can't really see what you are bidding on. I know that I don't bid as high when I can't really see what I'm bidding on.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

No, I meant plastic wrap the organizer's hands together so she can't be reorganizing other people's stuff .

(j/k. Not really. )
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

9. The Following User Says Thank You to oceangirls For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceangirls View Post
    No, I meant plastic wrap the organizer's hands together so she can't be reorganizing other people's stuff .

(j/k. Not really. )

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Sherlock Cash And Slugger Darby!! Great pics! As for the baskets, I do have to say that they do look just kind of tossed together, and I KNOW that's not what they looked like when you brought them. People piss me off. I'd just donate cash next year and be done with it. Or a gift card to raffle. Don't miss doing THAT part of rescue stuff at all!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Didja ask her what the heck?
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rae For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The kids are adorable - you did a great job on everything from costumes to donations. Don't let it get you down. I know it could have raised more money, but what is done is done. Just keep in mind that someone is walking around with a really cool, one of a kind Dachshund purse!

Maybe the spring auction will be better. By that time she will have had all winter to remove her head from her @$$.