Thanks

Default Theo and I would appreciate those magical rayz!!

I don't even know where to being and don't want to drag this out but Theo really could use some of those rayz!! After getting over all those tummy troubles at the beginning of September, Theo had a few little bumps on his head and tail, (a few on his feet) they scabbed over and then fell of after a few medicated baths with Pyoben and the fur grew back on the tail...first thing that came to mind was Demodex, again...However two weeks ago, he had loads of them on his head and a few on the edges of his ears so on Tuesday we went to the vets to check for Demodex. NOT demodex!! Theo's lymph nodes are enlarged in the legs, arms and necks and he has this bumps and lots of spots of missing fur on his head and face and ears, no where else on his little body. Vet says could be allergies, or a reaction to all the meds he took since going down in January and all the meds from his recent tummy issues..or systemic..his body is fighting something. I am exhausted with all this. Vet gave him a shot of antibiotics and I am to go back in two weeks for another and to see where we go from there. I don't see a difference, he had the shot on Tuesday morning, vet called last night and said it would take 5-6 days so we will see. Apart from that, he is full of energy, in fact I just walked in the door and he did zoomies all around the living room! He is eating just fine and acting fine but then again he has always been like this no matter what he was dealing with medically. I don't know if anyone has had these issues so input is always welcomed and those rayz..lots of rayz for my little guy..please!

Thanks

We always have a lot of rayz to spare.

I personally don't know the answer, but I would recommend Dr. Pitcairn's Guide to healthy cats and dogs. There are a couple of simple recipes in there and you can o an elimination diet on him to at least rule out food as the allergen.

Hugs!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My vet told me on Tuesday that there is a new blood test that can test for any allergy in dogs! Its new, I had no clue! Only down side is that is costs $300 dollars! I would love to do that because then I wouldn't have to do the 12 weeks of the diet elimination to see if he is allergic to something. I asked him last night if this was allergies then why is it only on his head and he said sometimes it just shows up like that and sometimes just on the ears..so it could very well be that he is allergic to something. Its the glands that worry me but he said that can happen due to allergies..I had no idea. Thank you for the rayz

Thanks

sending rayz!
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

6. The Following User Says Thank You to oceangirls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I've never dealt with anything like that but I'm sending

I haven't heard about a blood test to determine allergies. If its new do they have any idea how accurate it is? I agree with Lisa on Dr Pitcairn's book. It's excellent. Great info.

Edit: I just found this about blood testing for allergies. http://www.peteducation.com/article....2+2111&aid=504

Also, I'm not as sure about dogs, but there a few things that are high allergens for people and are usually where you start when you suspect allergies. It might be the same for dogs, i.e. start with corn and grains and see what happens.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Adding my
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LexieLuvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sending mega for Theo, hopefully it's only allergies.
    In Loving Memory.....Roxy 08/01/97-12/01/ 2011. Tigger (Tabby cat) 8/30/00-12/05/13, and Conan (Maine Coon Cat) July 1999-08/06/14. Lily 12/01/2003-10/22/2105

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mom2reds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

It certainly sounds like allergies, Kasia. Almost like some form of contact dermatitis. I've heard of the allergens blood test but don't know how effective it is. Will be curious to see if it works. Tons of and . (With all the issues that Theo had as a pup, his immune system is probably somewhat compromised, which wouldn't help.)
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sending for the bumps to disappear and the nodes go back to normal. What do you feed him?