Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I"m glad your dryer survived. I'm trying to keep my 20+ year old dryer, too. It has this cool rack for drying stuff flat that's awesome for sweaters and sneakers. I replaced my 25+ year old (at the time) washer a few years ago and have been pretty happy with my replacement. The new washer is a high efficiency top loader and gets my clothes way cleaner with very little of the spray stuff for stains. I can put a huge load in it and the clothes come out spun pretty dry so it doesn't take long to dry them. Occasionally, I have to do 2 loads in the dryer because the washer load was so large, but it works out okay because it takes the washer forever to run a load of whites or sheets (like an hour). The time of the washer load is the only drawback I've found so far. I always wonder how much savings there really is though. You're supposed to save money and water by using this washer that uses less water, but it runs so long that I wonder if there really is any savings since you are using WAY more electricity running it for 3 times what the other one did.

SJ, you just keep protecting your mom. She needs you
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Rae