Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pee Post

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Pee Post

Over the last week I've been doing a test. Odie is a bad marker/pee'r in the house. He wears a belly band at all times when inside. Over the weekend when I was putting up the Christmas tree, I put Baxter in his crate because he was doing nothing but being in the way. That's Baxter for you. Odie and Rusty either laid on the couch or in the dog bed while I did the tree. 2 hours later I let Odie out and in that time he didn't pee his pants . I let Baxter out. Let them back in, put Odie's pants (his belly band, we call pants lol) back on. about an hour or so later, let them all back out. Odie had a full pad of pee in his pants. So for the past few days I've been doing a test. Sorry Baxter! but I've been putting him in his crate for about 30 min every morning while I get ready for work. Most days Odie has pee in his pants, on the days I lock Baxter up, Odie hasn't been peeing. So..... is Odie's issue, Baxter? I know I blame Baxter for a lot, he is a very troubled dog. Brian says he has the looks but not the brains LOL! I'm not going to start locking Baxter up more because of this. Odie has been in pants for the 6 years we've had him. We've been dealing with it all this time, we can still deal with it. But I guess after all these years I might finally find the problem with Odie's Marking/Peeing. Baxter! Odie & Baxter dont really get along. They tolerate each other but they are not BFF's Odie is super bonded with Rusty.
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

I would give almost anything to have P'nut back, so bare that in mind with my answer. But yes, Baxter might be Odie's issue. Now that we are 5 months from losing P'nut some of Pixel's behaviour is starting to change. He seems less stressed, we still soft cone him for his lick granuloma's, but when he is not coned, he just doesn't seem to be licking the spot as much as he was in the past. Also his tail fur is almost completely grown in.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

It could be stress or it could be competition. Yup, pee competition. Miller and Cash (especially Cash aka the PeeMeister) used to have to pee on each others pee and also seemed to compete to be the first to pee on something. It was highly annoying. With the doggie door, it's hard to used a belly band on them because they are always going in and out on their own. I did notice that when Miller was on restricted movement and thus always with me, the peeing on stuff was much less. Peeing on my grandmother's ceramic pot in the front hall has resumed lately (Cash has good taste). I'm pretty sure it's Cash and not sure if it's because he has to claim things to let Darby know that he's #1 or what. I'm just glad I have tile floors.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox View Post
    It could be stress or it could be competition. Yup, pee competition. Miller and Cash (especially Cash aka the PeeMeister) used to have to pee on each others pee and also seemed to compete to be the first to pee on something. It was highly annoying. With the doggie door, it's hard to used a belly band on them because they are always going in and out on their own. I did notice that when Miller was on restricted movement and thus always with me, the peeing on stuff was much less. Peeing on my grandmother's ceramic pot in the front hall has resumed lately (Cash has good taste). I'm pretty sure it's Cash and not sure if it's because he has to claim things to let Darby know that he's #1 or what. I'm just glad I have tile floors.
    Definitely competition I believe! Even outside when they are out there to potty. Once Baxter goes, Odie goes over to mark it. Now Baxter doesn't go in the house! thank doG. But I am thinking now that Odie marks because of Baxter's presence.
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RustysMom View Post
    Definitely competition I believe! Even outside when they are out there to potty. Once Baxter goes, Odie goes over to mark it. Now Baxter doesn't go in the house! thank doG. But I am thinking now that Odie marks because of Baxter's presence.
    One year when we were at Buda staying in the hotel, we took them out to pee before bed. We had them all on leashes. When we came to some bushes, Cash peed on it, Miller peed on it, Scooter peed on it and then Cash had to come pee on it again The joys of having boy dogs

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RustysMom View Post
    One year when we were at Buda staying in the hotel, we took them out to pee before bed. We had them all on leashes. When we came to some bushes, Cash peed on it, Miller peed on it, Scooter peed on it and then Cash had to come pee on it again The joys of having boy dogs

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    I would give almost anything to have P'nut back, so bare that in mind with my answer. But yes, Baxter might be Odie's issue. Now that we are 5 months from losing P'nut some of Pixel's behaviour is starting to change. He seems less stressed, we still soft cone him for his lick granuloma's, but when he is not coned, he just doesn't seem to be licking the spot as much as he was in the past. Also his tail fur is almost completely grown in.
    :( Peanut :(

I've never had more than 1 dog at a time before so these 3 together are my first and I am learning a lot!!! like, I wont have more than 2 dogs together ever again LOL! They have such different personalities, as they should. There are many times I wish (although I do love him) I hadn't taken Baxter. Hes misunderstood for sure but he really needs to be an only dog. We have so many issues with him but we deal with it. We are also thinking about putting Baxter and Odies cage's across the room from each other. Odie's is right next to Baxters. They cant see each other once in it because of blankets covering them. Baxter spends a lot of time in his crate, his choice. He could be in it and Odie will come into the room and Baxter growls. If Odie passes Baxters cage to go into his cage, Baxter growls at him. Its just so perfect how Odie and Rusty are bonded. Is it bad I look forward to the day's Baxter goes to the groomer and is gone for 3 hours? LOL! The house is so peaceful. But Baxter will be with us till the end.
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

Default Pee Post

Baxter is a a jerk one min then he does this. Super rare moment! :-)

then this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RustysMom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Seems a bit hard on Baxter to lock him up too much. :( James was like that with Wen, big time, including the marking thing. Crazy making...I feel your pain!!! Buster can be really a jerk with Ferk (he's gone after her a couple of times and drawn blood, poor girl). Just like people they get along with some and not too much with others. I know what you mean about knowing that they might be happier with someone else...Buster was a well-loved and spoiled only dog in an active, busy family. Now he's the newbie with other dogs in a low key, boring house. He's so sad a lot of the time. He's missing his people...I suspect pretty strongly that he's wondering when he can go home . I don't know...maybe it might be worth still thinking about rehoming Baxter? Hard, but maybe he'd be a different dog elsewhere. Or not. It's a hard one for sure.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

We don't lock him up often. Only during work and bed time or that one time he's getting on your nerves ;-) the 30 min every morning was just a test to seeing that was why Odie was peeing. A couple nights a week when I leave for Zumba he goes in his crate because Brian is downstairs working out. Baxter does bad things when no one is watching. Other than that, he's hardly caged. He's been with us 6-7 years now. No point in him leaving now. But we both know he would be better off as an only dog. My mom was actually going to take him. He loves my mom but he would be crated 10-12 hours a day while she is at work. Her dog buster is already crated that long and it's sad. I wouldn't want that for Baxter and that that she is in a condo, Baxter is awful on a leash, he wouldn't handle not having a yard. Any who. We will keep dealing with him ;-) he's here to stay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter