Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Stranger in the House

This is really more of a doxie mom and dad adventure. We were upstairs watching tv and the dogs were all sleeping. I was on the computer and heard Jim say "Uh, oh, We gotta get him out before the dogs see him". I look up to see a CAT coming down the hallway The cat turns and goes back when he sees us. Jim jumps up and shuts the door and I jump up and go the other way and close the gate across the stairs so the dogs are shut in the den. I head downstairs closing doors as I go hoping to confine the cat a bit. I can hear him meowing but I don't see him. Finally, I get to the front of the house and see him in the living room. Jim is better with cats than I am. His mom raised cats for years. So he picks him up. The cat was very friendly, didn't try to bite or scratch, and so Jim put him outside. Phew! Disaster averted. I feel sort of bad because it's going to get cold tonight and the poor kitty is outside, but I couldn't have him in here.

I'm really impressed with my "guard dogs". They let a cat come in the doggie door and no one even woke up. After we let the dogs out, Darby did go up and down the hallways sniffing. Guard dog after the fact
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox View Post
    This is really more of a doxie mom and dad adventure. We were upstairs watching tv and the dogs were all sleeping. I was on the computer and heard Jim say "Uh, oh, We gotta get him out before the dogs see him". I look up to see a CAT coming down the hallway The cat turns and goes back when he sees us. Jim jumps up and shuts the door and I jump up and go the other way and close the gate across the stairs so the dogs are shut in the den. I head downstairs closing doors as I go hoping to confine the cat a bit. I can hear him meowing but I don't see him. Finally, I get to the front of the house and see him in the living room. Jim is better with cats than I am. His mom raised cats for years. So he picks him up. The cat was very friendly, didn't try to bite or scratch, and so Jim put him outside. Phew! Disaster averted. I feel sort of bad because it's going to get cold tonight and the poor kitty is outside, but I couldn't have him in here.

I'm really impressed with my "guard dogs". They let a cat come in the doggie door and no one even woke up. After we let the dogs out, Darby did go up and down the hallways sniffing. Guard dog after the fact

That's called PTCD (Post Trespassing Cat Disorder). Milo does it too.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M&M's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sounds like something that would happen here too.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yolanda For This Useful Post:

Thanks

At least it wasn't a skunk Glad disaster was averted. I don't think a cat would be welcome here either.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

About those guard dogs ... I'm with Lisa...at least it wasn't a skunk indeed! Buster does the sniffage after the fact thing too (the dog next door has a tendency to jump the little fence into our yard)and then proceeds to lose his furry little mind and bark his head off. This is one of those times when "better late than never" doesn't really apply LOL!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Seriously laughed at this story. I often think I would like to have a cat. Actually, I often think I would like to BE a cat .
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

After is was over, we laughed at how close we were to total disaster.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That happened in my house, too. My feral cat decided to explore my house one day. Could have been tragic.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.