Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Yipee! Got two coupons for Solid Gold! Nixie loves all the flavors of kibble by Solid Gold. Thanks for letting us know about the coupons!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I just remembered something. I used to use the Whole Dog Journal's list of best foods as a guideline. They had a list just for kibble. I haven't looked at it in years, but it used to be really good. The foods they listed were the good ones with less (or preferably NO) cr*p in them.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Patrice I was looking for that list recently and could not find it but I did find this list and looked at it.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/brand/

"It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's the doxies you have beside you!"
    Nicole, Mom of the Doxie Duo

Thanks

Thanks to everyone that replied! After reading a lot of dog food reviews and still being undecided on what to go with, I decided to trust my DLC peeps and try Solid Gold. Thank you for the coupon info, Angela!!! I picked up a bag yesterday and I will be slowly transitioning to that. I hope it works well for them!!
    Tanya, Peaches & Piper Man

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanya For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wonderful! I know we just started our boys on it Monday and they like it so far. I've been giving it to them with the wellness to transition them over. Some days they or should I say, Odie & Rusty! (Baxter will eat anything) some times don't finish their food but since I've been adding Solid gold they are scarfing it up. I was also happy to see that the adult kibble was a size they can chew so I didn't get the small breed bag. They wont eat large dog food, too big.

p.s. for the coupon. You can print 2 times on your computer then it will tell you have reached your max prints. I signed up for their email and got a $3 coupon instantly for signing up. :-)
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RustysMom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

One thing I did last night is weigh them so I can make sure they don't gain weight without me realizing it. I know different foods can require different amounts. Just something to keep in mind. My two have been on the same food for at least 8 years, so this is a big step for me!!
    Tanya, Peaches & Piper Man

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanya For This Useful Post:

Thanks

minus Baxter because he could eat a 28lb bag in once setting LOL

Rusty & Odie wont eat breakfast. I used to try feeding them 2 times a day but every morning they wouldn't touch the food (kibble) so now they only eat in the evening for dinner. They get I think its 1/2 C and of course most evenings after dinner they get a bone. I do however give them a biscuit in the morning because it makes me feel better knowing they had something in their tummy to go along with their meds. Its odd though how they wont eat breakfast. I guess I'm one of the lucky few who doesn't get woken up at 5 am by the dogs wanting breakfast
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    One thing I did last night is weigh them so I can make sure they don't gain weight without me realizing it. I know different foods can require different amounts. Just something to keep in mind. My two have been on the same food for at least 8 years, so this is a big step for me!!
    I've found that I have to adjust every time I switch food and sometimes in between. I had to do a bit of adjusting when I went from feeding Primal to feeding the raw food from Texas Tripe. I also had to adjust Scooter's food when Darby came to live here. I noticed that Scooter had suddenly lost weight. It bothered me a bit, but I started feeding him more and he put it right back on. I think it was just the increased activity with Darby around. I also had to cut everyone's meals and treats a bit after the holidays. Too many holiday treats!
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RustysMom View Post

p.s. for the coupon. You can print 2 times on your computer then it will tell you have reached your max prints. I signed up for their email and got a $3 coupon instantly for signing up. :-)
    You can also print 2 from a work address / husbands work address / cell phone / tablet / friends that don't have dogs... ;) Not that I do things like that...of course

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    You can also print 2 from a work address / husbands work address / cell phone / tablet / friends that don't have dogs... ;) Not that I do things like that...of course
    A woman of my own heart. I usually drag out the laptop on printable coupon days!

"It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's the doxies you have beside you!"
    Nicole, Mom of the Doxie Duo