Thread: Turkey?

Thanks

Default Turkey?

We are looking for a new kibble for Clay (she loves her raw ) and every Sunday is Wellness Canned food for her...but I still want her eating kibble (easier when we bored her IMO). Since Rocky died she does not seem to be into kibble that much, we're on her 3rd new food and still no luck. In looking for foods I found this brand which seems good in print that I can find but Turkey? I've always been under the impression that turkey was bad for a dog (that to much can knock them out...you know like humans but worse ...eat then sleep for several hours ). Anyone try Zignature?

I'm putting this same question up on facebook and I put up a warning as I know on my page it'll cause a fight and I don't want to have to zap a friend for being disrespectful.
    This is my FB warning
    *Please keep in mind I'm not asking you what you would not feed (I already have my own opinions of that and I don't need my friends to be bashed on what they may feed). I know some of us are very passionate about what we feed.

I DO NOT WANT WW3 STARTED IF SOMEONE FEEDS SOMETHING YOU PERSONALLY WOULD NOT FEED.*

https://www.chewy.com/dog/zignature-...utm_campaign=f

Here is a list of what this store carries it's about 10 miles from us ...we have closer stores but this seems to offer the most variety. I saw the post about Solid Gold so may try that as well, since they carry it. The one store we use to frequent has several sample bags years ago of foods, but no longer does (probably because every time I'd go I'd pick one up and use as treats LOL). http://www.tomlinsons.com/natural-pet-food-products/

"It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's the doxies you have beside you!"
    Nicole, Mom of the Doxie Duo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I've never heard of Zignature. The contents looked pretty good. No grain which is always good. I haven't heard that turkey is bad. I *think* one of the kibbles I fed back in the day used to have turkey in it.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Turkey is what Alex lived on the last couple years of her life....literally, turkey, cuz I cooked for her and it was the protein source I used, since beef didn't agree with her. And the Rayne kibble I'm feeding Buster is turkey based. Again, no problems. I really do recommend the Rayne food I mentioned in the other post...it is a grain-free all natural food. No chemicals, only one protein source, no icky stuff. And made in KS. Worth a try?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

*only reason I thought turkey is bad, because at the holidays you always hear Don't give your animals turkey* so I've always went the safe route with that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Two Red Smooth's View Post
    *only reason I thought turkey is bad, because at the holidays you always hear Don't give your animals turkey* so I've always went the safe route with that.
    I think it's more about the skin and fat and stuff...hard on the pancreas!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Exactly what Paula said. People give their dogs scraps which is bad, but the meat is awesome. Turkey is a great protein source.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Right now I'm leaning towards the Zignature from what I've read on other links and the opinion here it should be good. Looks like I hit the jackpot finding this store though Patrice it's more near Gruene . This was about the mgr. Tomlinson’s New Braunfels opened for business June 2013. It is located in the Westpointe Village Shopping center at SH46 and Loop 337.

Manager Sara Dumboski has years of experience in the natural pet industry, and is an expert on natural animal nutrition. She and the rest of the Tomlinson’s New Braunfels team are so excited to be offering healthy pet foods to the folks of Central Texas. Come in and meet Sara and her staff, and her tiny pug, Money Penny!

They carry about 40 quality foods and look at the layout this is the local store. http://www.tomlinsons.com/locations/...new-braunfels/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Wow, that's a beautiful store! We have Natural Pawz here which is a really nice store, but it's kind of pricey. That looks like an awesome place!
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Well well...I feed Clay 2x a day 11am and 5:30 pm Joe gave her the canned stuff for dinner and all was good. I decided to test her and give her some of the Zignature as a treat at 6am...she happily ate it out of my hand and begged for more, gave her a little more and she then went over to the bag and was trying to get in it! So I filled her dish ...I know when changing food you are to mix in a little at a time and I will try so at dinner to so how that goes. Needless to say at the moment I think she likes the food!

The store itself was impressive...and the staff super helpful and knowledgeable. They have a pet "club" for 7.50 a year you get 10% off all purchases...and special coupons. Each month they have top picks as well and those items have a nice mark down. Prices were not that high in fact Natures Instinct is cheaper here then at Pet's Mart by $2 (and more if you are in the club!) We were going to wait to join the club itself then when Joe saw the selection he said "we'd join today since we'll be back for something else for sure" with that being said...they offered us the club for free for 6 months...joined yesterday paid nothing and saved $5 on a 4lbs of food (crazy good service!) One thing I loved I mentioned the size of the food and she brought out "samples" in little zip lock craft size bags of the few foods I had interest in to show me actual size. When we paid she gave us 4 samples as well 3 of which were different types of Honest Kitchen and one was Lotus which is about the size of a seed. I'm certain we've found our new dog food store and hopefully food as well.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Two Red Smooth's For This Useful Post: