Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default When Good Dogs go Bad...

Buster has settled in. Not sure he's overly thrilled with the situation, but he's dealing. He and Ferk have reached some kind of detente with toys and space and Mom's lap (Ferk somehow is winning ) and all has been well.

Yesterday I got home from work and there was the usual jubilation and toy tossing. I put them all outside, they did their business and came back in. I keep the doors to the bedrooms and bathroom closed (any place with carpets!) when I'm not home, so opened everything up, went into the bathroom to change into my comfy cozies and look up to see Buster just putting his leg down after peeing on MY GOOD WOOL CARPET in the office. He'd just peed outside. JUST! and when I chased him out of there and went to get the paper towel for damage control, saw that he'd also thrown up on the carpet as well. Of course my first thought was that he wasn't feeling good, but he was fine.

So what the heck was THAT all about?!? Not best pleased AT ALL. He kept trying to go back into the office, but I gated the door off so he can't, and he's afraid of the gate cuz it fell on him once (he was pawing at it...served him right!), so he won't go near it.

The worm, it appears, has turned
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Oh, my! I had to laugh at lifting his leg when he'd just been outside. That's happened here, too. Much too often.

And my friend once told me she saw her dog walk the whole length of her hallway (and it's pretty long!) to get from the tile floor to her bedroom carpet to throw up on it. So, you are not alone. Not that that makes it any easy when you are on your hands and knees scrubbing carpet. . .
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I think it is a doxie thing.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

Im sorry, I had to giggle a little ;-) It is a doxie thing. Ask Odie about lifting his leg in places he shouldn't! like my NEW couch pillows that are ON the COUCH!!!!!
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RustysMom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah, I am pretty sure it is a doxie thing. You have been to my house, it is 99% washable areas. Pogo either pees on the treadmill (hence why Rafi puts it up after use), or on the rug strip that we put down so he wouldn't slip on the tile. Asshat.

It is comforting to know I am not alone

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Yep, it's a dooxie thing.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LexieLuvr For This Useful Post: