Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Angel's treatment progress

Angel started chemo for the lymphoma a couple weeks ago. Her regimen is one dose once a week: vincristine, cyclophosphamide, vincristine, doxorubicin, then a week off, then repeat. I think after 2-3 months of that, she gets a treatment every other week. She also gets prednisone 5mg daily x 1 week, 2.5mg daily x 1 week, then 2.5mg every other day.

She did fine with vincristine. No side effects at all. After the cyclophosphamide last week, she seemed like her stomach bothered her a little for about 36 hours, then she was fine (just a little quiet and not quite as excited about her food - although biscuits and cheese were still interesting). That's quite common. Her lymph nodes responded well.

She was due for vincristine again today, but her neutrophils were too low, so she will not get chemo this week. She will be on Clavamox for a week to protect against any infections, then they will try again. They will probably either lower the dose of cyclophosphamide or give her a different drug next time she is due for that. The vet (when I called to ask if I should still taper the pred) said it happens in about 25% of dogs.

K is annoyed, as it is at least a half hour each way through stupid Florida traffic, plus an hour and a half wait before they could tell him they couldn't do chemo. That is a lot of time where he can't get work done (I am grateful that he can take her so I don't have to take time off; he works from home when not traveling). He also is not crazy about having a dog who is prone to infection spend hours in a place where there are lots of other dogs that could infect her. He is philosophical about the whole process, but of course I still had to hear about it being annoying. Angel is his girl, though... she finds him fascinating (the little spotted one is a tease and a Mama's girl ).

A few rayz for my love, if you can spare them. She is happy and energetic.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oceangirls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I'm glad she's happy and energetic. Sending more for both of you

IMO Men tend to be not very good at the whole going and waiting thing and like to tell us about how annoying it is But then, I just get b*tchy about it so I guess it's just different reactions to the same situation.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Glad that she is happy and energetic, and I am sure that her daddy is just worried. (well, yeah, that traffic could sure be a pain...)

Love you girls (and the man) to the moon, looking forward to the next good update.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Good update!! Good for DH for stepping up...no doubt worry is being masked by bitchiness LOL. More !!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Rae

Thanks

Seems to me that Daddys, seem to worry more that Mutters, especia;y for ther little angels.

Continured for complete remission.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

More !
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Big and I agree with him about 90 min. in vet then saying No.

When J was little he was to be isolated till age 2, however due to his condition he was approved for synagis (RSV shot) while our ins. would even cover it (most cases they won't)...I refused to get it. After the 2 years was up the Dr. asked me why I would not ...I said "my thought is he's isolated and we follow that closely...so why would I bring him out monthly to where people who have RSV actually are?" The Dr. then looked at me and said "in your case you did do the right thing by not getting it"...made me livid honestly...but I will say he never did pressure me about it.

"It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's the doxies you have beside you!"
    Nicole, Mom of the Doxie Duo

Thanks

Thank you for the update. It sounds very encouraging and she's taking it very well. Mega for healing and for you and hubby.

Thanks

Lots and lots of rayz. I get his frustration, I also totally appreciate him stepping up and taking his little girl to her appointments.

Hugs to both you and K.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Good she is tolerating it ok. Can they maybe go somewhere else to wait for labs to be completed? She wouldn't be exposed to sick dogs then. But then sick dogs can be anywhere.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.