Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

I've thought about chiro. I did read on Dodgers list that Chiro is a big no no for IVDD dogs, but..... There are some dogs who have done good with it. I believe things based on experience. My vet doesn't do chiro but my chiropractor does dogs too ;-) might have to check into it.

His last acupuncture appointment was about a week ago. He is going every 6 weeks now. No more hydrotherapy, but maybe he should pick it back up.

I was also thinking about getting a Canine Compression sleeve. Will ask the vet first.
    http://www.amazon.com/Compression-Su.../dp/B00RDKQR3E

She did mention he would be a good candidate for a leg brace for when we go walking.
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I know a lot of Dodger's List people don't like chiro. But then they used to not like strollers either and the last time I looked, they were advocating strollers now. Chiro has kept mine in good shape. I did chiro on Bogart before, during and after he was down. Bandit also. As long as you have an experienced vet or chiro doing the work, I think it's fine. I don't know about your chiro, but you might want to get whatever scan you have to show them what has been going on with him.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

ITA with Patrice. Chiro fixed Wen up, and Heidi, and kept Alex mobile for a good 2 years. And Patti too. It's not recommended when they're in the acute phase, for sure, but at this point, it certainly might help. I'd also go for the acupuncture if possible. More and .
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

I have never used Chrio (my vet does not offer it) so I have no thoughts on it.

However, swim theraphy is always a good thing. It is doing wonders for my Maggie and my friends Fenway. Check out the latest video I posted on FB. For some reason I cna not get pictures or videos to post here any more.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

I'm convinced my Jack came back so well from his first round of IVDD with chiro and acupuncture! He did great. And chiro has helped me a lot, too!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yolanda View Post
    I have never used Chrio (my vet does not offer it) so I have no thoughts on it.

However, swim theraphy is always a good thing. It is doing wonders for my Maggie and my friends Fenway. Check out the latest video I posted on FB. For some reason I cna not get pictures or videos to post here any more.
    I thought you'd done VOM with some dogs, Yo?
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Having seen the video of him limping on FB, Angela, I'd take him in to your vet and ask if it could be a torn cruciate. That's EXACTLY what Ferk was doing when Laura diagnosed her last winter (note the little twist in his leg at the end of his step?). We're just coming out of it now. Just a thought.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."