Thread: Supplements?

Thanks

Default Supplements?

Do you give your dogs any supplements daily and what kind?

Right now I give the boys a Glucosamine chewable from Trader Joe's (for dogs) and a Fish Oil pill (Human kind from Sams Club) once a day. I'm always looking for other options. Really want to get them the right thing for hip & joints

Thanks!
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RustysMom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Bussy is on fish oil (5cc once a day). Heidi and Ferk are both on various meds for their various ailments, but a number of them are Chinese herbals. They do seem to help with pain and incontinence as well as Ferk's weak back end. I find Laura's going a bit too far down the Chinese medicine path a bit, but they are cheaper than meds, and seem to be working for now.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I feed the highest quality food (that is right for them, that I can afford), I used to give fish oil but they got greasy, so I stopped. In the form of food, I give pumpkin for vitamin A, strawberries for vitamin C, blueberries for antioxidants. I do add bilberry to their food everyday (twice a day), for Pogo and Pixel's eyes. But that is the only supplement I give. I used to give them a bunch though.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

My vet is holistic so I do use supplements. Cash is on Black Currant Seed Oil for his heart, Allerplex for his allergies, Cataplex ACP for antioxidants and Cardio-Plus for heart and muscles. Darby is on Boswellia and Ligaplex II for his back and Drenamin for stress. Scoots is on Black Currant Seed Oil for his heart and Thymus for his fatty bump. All of these are by Standard Process and not available in stores. You can only by them online or from a practitioner.

Edit: I forgot to add that I feed raw and use a squirt of salmon oil with each meal for each of them
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I forgot my vet is Holistic too. She had Rusty on a Chinese herbal med for hindquarter used for horses and dogs but I forgot to refill. Not sure it does anything LOL
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter