Thread: Dog food

Thanks

Default Dog food

Hi everyone! Would you like to share your dog food and the reason why you choose that food and what are those benefits you can get to that kind of foods.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I feed raw. I've fed raw for about 20 years now and am totally sold on it. I feel that my dogs are much healthier for it and they love it. This last year I've been feeding dog food by a local company called Texas Tripe. They deliver the food from their location near Dallas to a hotel near my house where I pick it up. They are a Mennonite company as I understand and use only grass fed beef. They have several formulas. I like the one that is a combination of beef and organ meats. The dogs love it and it's very affordable.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Over the years I've cooked for various of my dogs, and I just started cooking for Ferk because she was on Hill's i/d low fat which I wasn't crazy about (esp. since she doesn't have any tummy issues!). Sadly, there seems to be a curse attached to my cooking....they tend to cross within a few weeks! that doesn't happen with her!

Heidi is a liver dog so is on a prescription low protein food (Royal Canin), and Buster is on Rayne gastro, again not because he has tummy issues but because it's a very high quality food with turkey as its main protein source.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My girls grew up on Wellness, because I was satisfied with the quality of the ingredients (researched on a variety of review sites, including Whole Dog Journal's annual best foods report), they liked it, and they did well. We've had Cassie on I/D lowfat for a few years since she had pancreatitis, so I ended up putting Angel on I/D regular (Angel has no GI issues and it's not that I love the food, but I kind of wanted them on something similar). I transitioned their canned back to Wellness, but lately I've not been giving canned and am just mixing with yogurt. Cass has chronic inflammatory rhinitis and tends to choke on her food, and I think she actually does better with kibble mixed with yogurt rather than soft food. Angel really likes yogurt and I figured she could use the protein as she's on chemo for lymphoma.

They actually seem to do well with whatever I feed them. They have nice soft, shiny coats and good energy and no issues with itching or skin/ear infections.

Also a biscuit or two or three a day (Wellness/Old Mother Hubbard, Newman's Own, and the Hills treat for special diets (doubt those last ones are super tasty, but they are hard and crunchy to give them some chewing exercise - and no one complains)).

Also a small bite of cheddar cheese daily. Because, cheese.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

7. The Following User Says Thank You to oceangirls For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you for your helpful feedback