Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Helpfull information why dogs have Diarrhea.

Hi guys do you know why our dogs sometimes they have diarrhea?

Thanks

Eating critter poop will do it!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Could be anything from something they ate to stress to overheating to some kind GI illness. Withholding food for 24 hours and then feeding something gentle like rice and chicken for a day or so usually sorts it out, but if it goes on for more than 24 hours a vet visit is in order. You need to be careful they don't get dehydrated. Why do you ask?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Hello guys thanks for the feedback!

The reason why ask this kind of question, I want to know how you find a way to treat your dog with this kind of problem (diarrhea) like mine before and exchange our experience and solution with this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Do your dogs have diarrhea often? Mine rarely do and mostly when they have eaten something they shouldn't or something they aren't used to. If you dogs have diarrhea regularly, you might want to talk to your vet about it and consider trying a different food. When you do switch foods, be sure to do it gradually which will help them not to have problems during the switch.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Mine don't ever have it. However, they are indoors almost all the time, so they don't eat too many weird outdoor things. My mom's dog gets loose stool more often; she's had to try different foods for his health conditions (he has urine pH and ear/skin issues) and he seems to be sensitive to certain ingredients like soy.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Flossy lately have diarrhea, she had one last month too but I was able to somehow home-treat it without going to the vet. This time, I'm planning to visit the vet as I am worried.