Thanks

Post Yet another toy to tear

I went to the mall yesterday and came across the pet section. I had a hard time convincing myself not to buy them but I still ended up buying dog toys, squishy and colorful. I'm sure my pooches will love them, I just don't know how long will they last. Maybe a couple of days? Or even within an hour? lol

What's your dog's favorite toy/s?
    Last edited by louis; 07-13-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

I know, it's hard not to spoil them, isn't it ? Balls are the big draw around here. I had to stop buying stuffies because while I don't care if they destuff them, I draw the line at eating the stuffing, which Ferk and Bussy seem to like to do They have a couple of the stuffless squeaky weasels, which they like, but they'll play with a ball for quite a while. Keeping in mind that my dogs are all elderly, so playtime is a fairly rare thing except around supper time or any other time they get excited. Heidi and Ferk used to play slow motion tag when I first got them, but not so much any more. Heidi almost never plays with toys, Ferk does a bit, and Bussy is the one who enjoys them the most.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Doxies?!? Milliseconds is my guess for toy life-span. Let us know how long they lasted.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It depends. I had the best luck with Kong balls, with treats inside, of course, as they got older.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LexieLuvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    I know, it's hard not to spoil them, isn't it ? Balls are the big draw around here. I had to stop buying stuffies because while I don't care if they destuff them, I draw the line at eating the stuffing, which Ferk and Bussy seem to like to do They have a couple of the stuffless squeaky weasels, which they like, but they'll play with a ball for quite a while. Keeping in mind that my dogs are all elderly, so playtime is a fairly rare thing except around supper time or any other time they get excited. Heidi and Ferk used to play slow motion tag when I first got them, but not so much any more. Heidi almost never plays with toys, Ferk does a bit, and Bussy is the one who enjoys them the most.
    There's no age limit to doggies when it comes to playing. Mine love to destroy the toys I buy, but Flossy is kind of attached to a particular stuffed toy. Lance is a beast that will chew each toys to bits, I'm just glad he has no interest in eating them. It's fun, yep! It's super fun shopping for them. :D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Doxies?!? Milliseconds is my guess for toy life-span. Let us know how long they lasted.
    Lance is more aggressive than Flossy, he gets all the tearing job right after Flossy played with them. The one I bought just few days ago lasted for approximately five minutes. That's quite impressive. haha

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Milliseconds is about how long they last around here. I bought Scooter an extra tough toy and timed him. Five minutes and it was totally torn apart and destuffed. Regular ones last no time at all. It takes me longer to pick up the mess than it did for them to make it.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I bought FOUR new toys for the kids. They came yesterday. All four toys are the GoDog Plush with Chew Guard. All four toys were dead (killed by Milo) within an hour. Sigh. $10 per toy, I should have just got cheap ones LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M&M's Mom View Post
    I bought FOUR new toys for the kids. They came yesterday. All four toys are the GoDog Plush with Chew Guard. All four toys were dead (killed by Milo) within an hour. Sigh. $10 per toy, I should have just got cheap ones LOL
    I learned that after I bought the one that was supposed to be indestructible and lasted about 5 minutes.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue