Thread: Pool time!

Thanks

Default Pool time!

It's been a while... Annie is still hanging in there, she had a streak of medical issues over the last month or two, but has been doing ok the last few weeks (knock on wood!)- at 18 1/2 yo she doesn't do anything particularly exciting, but I do need to get some new pics of her

Bus doesn't like the pool as much when it's too cold, but after a week of 90+ degree days, it's like bathwater In fact, it was so warm that I had to limit the length of time swimming before taking a break each time because he was equally hot coming out as going in!
    https://youtu.be/R3sqP16DRFI

https://youtu.be/xRuE0bh5ojc

https://youtu.be/Ne3Ahlgj2Bk

He's also finally worked up the nerve to start jumping off the bulkhead, despite it being a pretty low tide the last few days (so it's pretty high up). I think he likes the life jacket, as it keeps him from being (as) submerged when he jumps in. Why that would bother a dog who chooses to dive under water and collect items, I can't even begin to guess, but it's the only explanation I can come up with

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AnnieBus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Oh my, those are just the best videos ever!!! He so eager to get in there .Are you sure he's all dachsie and there's no lab in there??

And yes, would love to see pics of Annie
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Totally cool! Well, sort of
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

That's amazing! I dropped the ball and didn't get Scooter his little wading pool this year and, of course, my husband wasn't going to get him one. He loves to get in a cool off, but he's the only one that does. I can't believe Bus can and does jump up to get in the pool. I wonder if Darby would try that to get his ball?

The only time any of mine have been in water deeper than 6 or 8 inches was when Scooter fell in the neighbor's pool but that's whole other story. . .
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Someone enjoys the water. Great videos.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

Awesome videos. She's Olympic material.