Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default ACDR Needs Some Help

Hey guys, you know I don't ask for donations etc. very often, but ACDR is in serious need of funds. Last weekend we took in 9 of 26 dogs (19 dachsies) from a hoarding situation (breeder ). They are all in a shocking state of neglect, especially their mouths, and as a very small rescue, we're desperately trying to raise funds to pay our vet bills.

One of the oldest of the dogs, Sassie, has gone to Nahleen at Misfit Manor (the other rescue I'm on the board of and work for), and two are being adopted by their foster homes, but this still leaves us with six dogs and a huge shortfall in funding. So far, Sassie and one of the younger males, Madison, have each lost all their teeth, and we're expecting this will probably be the case with most of the others, not to mention other issues such as mammary tumours, spays and neuters, etc. Two of the dogs are Cushinoid as well. (The vets that did the dentals on Sassie and Madison both said their mouths were in the worst state they'd ever seen! Imagine the pain from one abscess tooth multiplied by every tooth in your head...that's what they've been living with for a very long time.)

So far we've accumulated over $2000 in vet bills, and we still have 6 dogs to get done. Our fundraising to date has only brought in a little over $700. If you could please help in any way, we'd really appreciate it. If you can't donate (and I understand that money is tight at this time of year!) could you please share it any way you can?

The dogs and I thank you!!!

Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Sharing with our Winnipeg doxie group on facebook.

Ch. Beau, our 14 yr old red guy
    Georgia Peach pie, 8 yrs old
    Jemma, red pie girl 1 year

~Penny~

Thanks

Thanks SO much, Penny. We've only raised a little over $1000 as of this morning, and we estimate that the vet costs for these guys will probably be in the $10,000 range. Every little bit helps us help them.
    Paula & Buster

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Donation sent
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Aw, thanks SO much, Patrice. So much appreciated!
    Paula & Buster