Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heidi

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default Heidi

apparently the veterinary gods decided I was getting just a little too complacent....My little girl wasn't perky self when I got home from work last night, but ate her supper ok and wasn't too off. We did not sleep literally one wink last night though...she wouldn't lie down and we were up and down and outside and just not comfortable AT ALL. I got her into my "new" vet, Laura's not being open on the weekend. They were incredibly awesome. They were booked solid and fit me it. I ended up being there all day, but what the hey! Wonderful staff, terrific vet who actually listened to me and had some respect that I knew what I was talking about and Heidi was even happy with them.

Anyway, turns out she has acute pancreatitis with an incredibly painful tummy. The good news it looked like I caught it right at the onset, so hopefully she'll be fine. But she's at emerg as we speak for fluids and IV painkillers and will stay there at least until tomorrow afternoon. fingers crossed that that's it!

Razy appreciated....
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Oh, little pupper :(. Lots of tiny phone rayz ~~~. Cassie has not had any recurrence of that in years, even though I switched her back from low fat ID to regular; I hope Heidi will do as well. Any idea if something specific set it off?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Oh, no! Tons of Heidi for your furgirl! So glad you found a great evet.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Nope, Kim. Unless she's raiding the fridge while I'm at work (which if could just reach the handle I'm sure would be a daily occurence ) she's had nothing out of the ordinary. She's 13 and about 2lbs over her ideal weight, and apparently that's enough. We did also wonder about Cushings, which I kind of thought of, but the pancreatitis test came back abnormal so it points to that. I just called and she's all settled in for the night. Ferk's been looking for her a bit, but hopefully she'll be home tomorrow!

Yet again, nipping things in the bud proves to be a good idea!
    Paula & Buster

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hope she can come home tomorrow. Yes, nipping things in the bug definitely helps.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks

She's probably been having pizza delivered in your absence . Glad the new vet visit went well. I know that hurts. Cassie would just hunch over and shake, and give me that sad look. Proper rayz now: . Keep us updated.
    Kim & the Girls

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oceangirls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Poor Heidi! Having just had a bought of tummy weirdness, I know how uncomfortable it can be. Sending
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

is she home, Paula?
    Kim & the Girls

Thanks

Yup. I brought her home last night...her bloods were almost perfect. Including, oddly enough, her liver values which have been elevated for the last year and a half. She's not back to normal, but that may be because I didn't have any low-fat food and the idiot e-vet said not to worry, she didn't need a change of food so they wouldn't sell me any low-fat! Her low protein is 22% fat and that's all I had to feed her until I could get the other today. However, she's eating and drinking and seems ok. I actually worked from home this morning but had to go in after lunch so took her with me. she was great, although not sure where she was LOL. and peed on the carpet in there. *sigh* but basically ok. So keeping an eye on her for the next couple of days and .
    Paula & Buster

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sounds good. Weird e-vet. Usually they're delighted to sell you things
    Kim & the Girls

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oceangirls For This Useful Post: