Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default Lilly and the Octopus...and Buster Brown

I don't know if anyone's read Lily and the Octopus...it's about a little dachsie and her end of life. It's a really great read, but man! incredibly hard. Needs to come with a truckload of kleenex cuz a box just don't cut it.

So I'm reading and sobbing and basically break down with a bunch of old bottled up grief. Bussy was SO concerned...climbed right on my lap and licked my tears and did everything he could to make me feel better. I've never ever had a dog that did that. Just about made my heart 'splode. The girls were basically "could you keep it down up there?? And it's suppertime...stop being self indulgent and feed us!"

Curious to know if anyone else has read it and what they thought...?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Nope. Nope, nope, nope. First train to Nopetown. Can't. Not with two thirteen-and-a-half-year-olds (who act like puppies).

That's so cool about Buster. Sometimes I read things on the Internet about dogs and cry... the girls are like, "Mama, whatcha doing? What's on your face? Oh, um, thanks for the hug... is it time for our evening biscuit?"
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

3. The Following User Says Thank You to oceangirls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Scooter is my sympathy dog. Especially if I cry. He comes over and puts his feet on my lap and gives me kisses and then rubs his head on me. It's incredibly sweet

The other two are like "Meh, what's up with her?" Darby just wants me to throw his ball and Cash wants me to pay attention to him
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I read what the story is about and I'm still grieving over Jack so I'm not ready to go there yet. Maybe never. Now I have an office mascot cat with kidney issues so I'm all worried about her! She's almost 17. Very sweet about Bussy!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Pepsi is my comfort dog, plus he is meaty and likes hugs, so that helps. I am with Kim on the nope, no way, not going to happen. I am still messed up over P'nut and with Pogo being 15, I am not sure I could cope. Maybe that is why I like sci-fi? Very few pets and they are either robotic or the end of their life is never discussed.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post: