Thread: Poor Cash

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Poor Cash

Last night, actually early this morning, poor little Cash fell out of bed. I was not sleeping well so partly awake and heard a soft "thunk". I got up and found Cash on the floor. I took him in the bathroom where I could turn on the light without waking Jim. I think the poor guy was stunned and sort of disoriented. I put him on the rug and he just laid there for a while looking around. I kept petting him and eventually he got up and went out the doggie door to potty. When he came back in I put him back on the bed.

It was lucky that there was a folded blanket on the floor that I had put under my head when I was doing yoga so he landed on that. Now there is a large folded blanket there just in case it happens again. Poor little guy. It's not easy getting older.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Aw, poor old man. That used to happen with Alex quite a bit...I eventually ended up pushing one side of the bed against the wall so she couldn't fall out. (One of the benefits of being the only human in the bed LOL). I think the disorientation is being awakened unceremoniously out of a deep sleep . Glad he's ok!!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Poor pupper! Rayz

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Poor guy! That happened to Jack once as he got older, too. And my bed is on a riser so he had a long way down. I believe he landed on a foam doggie bed, thank dog. for Cash. Sure scares the crap out of you!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Thanks. He was recovered and all frisky when I came home for lunch. I've made a pad out of an afghan and a big puffy blankie to put next to the bed in case it happens again.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Poor guy!

This happened to Rusty a few times when he used to sleep in our bed. He would go to the end on Brians side to stick his head out if he got warm. He would be so close to the edge, one time Brian moved his leg and Rusty fell out. Since he had back surgery he now sleeps in a childs pack-n-play in our room. He seems happier there although most nights when we go to bed, he heads down to our room and looks at our bed to be put into.
    Angela
    Rusty, Odie & Baxter

Thanks

Glad he is doing good. Silly Cash.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Bless his sweet heart! Duchess fell out onto the hardwood floor years ago and that's she she started sleeping in her doggie bed. Her old bones were getting creaky and it scared me to death.

So glad he's ok and that a landing area has been constructed!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Poor li'l man. Hope he feels o.k. Nero feel out of bed during her spell with lymes. Glad Cash had something soft to land on.