Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Update on the Houston Crew

I thought I'd update everyone on how my crew is doing.

Cash is hanging in. He's my grouchy little old man. He's still growling at everyone all the time. We carry him up and downstairs most of the time now and help him on and off the bed. He definitely lets us know if we forget. Cash was never patient or complacent about things. He's VERY vocal

Scooter is still performing his security patrol duties every morning and evening. And watching for "intruders" (meaning anyone walking down the street) and letting me know they are there. He's my guard dog

Darby is Darby. Wanting someone to throw his ball ALL THE TIME. The good part of that is that he's in the best shape and wears his toenails down to little nubs. I'm not sure you could even trim them that short!

We're past the hot weather here and in the to awesome autumn weather so we're all really enjoying that. That's pretty much it for us. How's everyone else doing?
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Does Darby drive the older 2 nuts with his energy?

"It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's the doxies you have beside you!"
    Nicole, Mom of the Doxie Duo

Thanks

I love how are families are so parallel. Pixel is not ball obsessed, but he is lick obsessed, so it is close. Pogo is still extremely grumpy and Pepsi totally guards the house Glad the crew is doing so great!!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Glad the boys are doing well, Patrice! My girls seem pretty content; they do not act like they are anywhere near 13-1/2. They do make a lot of noise (I mean besides dachshund barking) - a lot of grunting and mumbling and snuffling... and whining almost imperceptibly anytime they feel we should be paying direct attention to them. They're not in pain or anything - quite happy little dogs. Just very talkative in their more "mature" years .
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Darby drives me crazy more than the other dogs. Cash is so snarky that he leaves him alone and Scooter plays with him so that's okay. Plus Darby's ball drive is directed towards getting the humans to throw the ball for him so we're the recipient of the barking/whining/muffled woo-wooing (muffled because he has a ball in his mouth). The other dogs just watch that like "Look how well he has her trained".

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

What about something like this or this?

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

You know, it's amazing to me how following our furkids is like following our family through theyears...kids, grandkids, extended family Love it.

My three chug along. Not a lot of change...I must say that since I've shifted (if not entirely changed) vets, the health stuff has calmed down. Not a lot of change here. Too much work, not enough dogs, rescue work insane. Same ol' same ol' ....
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

We thought about one of those Lisa, but we've figured out that part of the ball thing is the attention he gets from us. I think he wants us to throw the ball for him so I'm not sure it would work. We might get desperate though!

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Interesting how thing come and go. I really like reading the updates. Our fur families are getting older.

My Wetley is also an obsessive licking and it drives me nuts but e at 12 is a "baby" to me.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Yolanda For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Savannah Jane is 4 as of May and I think destined to always be a flying dachshund.

She is my heart... and she's learning to snuggle and is (rarely) sometimes Still and quiet!!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner