Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Not again! Sigh!

Theo was at the vets last Friday because he yelped again after I had his nails trimmed. So went to vets, he was fine passed toe tests, etc. Took it easy all week but yesterday he hid under the table and today he didn't want to come out of his crate. When he did...he was wobbly and could barely walk. My vet was closed but they answered the phone and agreed to see him. Was happy cause vet hospital is 45 minutes away. Got there, Theo is paralyzed completely on left side and partially on right side. Vet changed his meds and did a laser treatment. Right after his treatment, Theo stopped shaking, was walking better and not in pain. WOW, I had no idea the benefits from laser treatments. So if he is ok during the weekend, I'll go back on Monday will him for another and then every 3 days for a total of 6 treatments. I don't know how much they are there but is $125 for 6 treatments a good price? Seems to be but I've no clue. So, please send Theo some of those DLC rayz, because they do work, I really believe they do. I am fine, no stress, just sad for Theo because he is such a trooper and has been through so much and somehow, he is always happy and wagging. He can pee and poop on his own so that is good. :D

Thanks

Surgery is $6 - $7K, so yup Good price!! I am so sorry he is in pain again. Lots of rayz for wee Theo

How is his behavior otherwise?

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

His behaviour is amazing. He is no longer aggressive towards me. When I changed my attitude and took charge he changed, Mika changed. He is awesome. Even last night at the vets. I was able to sit next to another dog and Theo barely looked at him. NO barking, growling nothing. We've worked hard this year. Just hate seeing him down again. However, he was on pred and now on dexamethasone and the difference between last night and today is wonderful.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kasianni For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Time and rest and laser he will heal. Lots and lots of rayz.

So glad to read about his behaviour. That is a wonderful update!!!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

That's an awesome price! Laura charges $60 for one session, so that's a really good deal
    !! Poor boy...but it sounds like he's on the right track. Tons and tons of and . Keep us posted, ok?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Laser and acupuncture work wonders. Tons of It helped Jack a lot when he went down, and laser helps my bad knee a lot too. So glad he is doing better! And yes, that is a good price.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LexieLuvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That price sounds great. Rayz for your little guy and for Mama.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

12. The Following User Says Thank You to oceangirls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I"m so sorry that Theo's having problems again. I have no idea how much laser treatments cost but sending tons of Texas sized and for both of you
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's about how much I paid for laser package of 6 for Sebastian. I saw big change in Sebastian after a treatment
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to alfina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Theo had his 3rd laser treatment today. A week today he was completely paralyzed and today he showed the vet tech how well he was WALKING. His toes are no longer curled under when he stands. I bought a support harness for him today. Helps him to not tip over and helps me because my back is killing from bending over to help him from tipping or twisting and we just tried it, helps us both a lot! He still has some pain but over all is doing well, he has a great attitude which helps so much.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kasianni For This Useful Post: