In very un-dachshund fashion, Darby has decided he's not going to eat the kibble I've been giving them for treats. And, if he doesn't get a real treat, he's not going in his crate.

I always buy a small bag of kibble before hurricane season just in case our electric is out and I can't keep the frozen food cold enough. Then at the end of hurricane season, I feed it to the dogs for treats. Mr. Darby has decided that kibble is not a treat and he's not going in his crate without a treat. So every morning when I get ready to leave, he lays on the bed and won't get off. Then I get the leash to put it on him and get him off and he VERY RELUCTANTLY gets off the bed, but won't get in his crate until I push his butt in. Sometimes he even tries to turn away and bolt! If I get the regular Real Meat treats out, he goes right in. Back to kibble, he won't go in. Cash and Scooter think its a great deal because he doesn't eat his treats so they do!

I've decided I'm going to cut down on his regular meals and maybe if he's hungrier, he'll eat them better. Little snot!