Thread: Reese went down

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Reese went down

I know I am friends with some of you on FB, and you've probably seen my posts. Thank you for the well wishes and good thoughts.

We will get to see him tonight I need to know what to do about Bailey. He's depressed. He keeps looking, staring at the door, looking for Reese. I am trying not to leave him alone too much - I am lucky that he can come to work with me - but he's so sad. What can I do to help cheer him up?
    Jill - Proud Hoomom to Bailey and Reese! :hearts:

Check us out on DOGS 101!
    Just click DACHSHUND

Member of Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue
    www.c2cdr.org

Thanks

Jill, I am so sorry to hear about Reese! I really think all you can do is after you visit Reese, let Bailey smell you and tell him what is going on. He must be picking up on your anxiety too. I have been through this (although not this extreme), and it is such an emotional roller-coaster. Maybe if you could rotate blankets between the two of them? It will get better. Reese will be home soon, and Bailey will have his buddy back.

Hugs to you. I have missed you more than words can say, but I hate seeing people back under these circumstances :(

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Rae

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

What Lisa said, Jill. I'm so sorry to hear about Reese...how long before he comes home? I think the blankie thing is a good idea, as is telling him what's going on. It sounds silly, but I swear they understand. Tons of and for all of you. Welcome home!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    What Lisa said, Jill. I'm so sorry to hear about Reese...how long before he comes home? I think the blankie thing is a good idea, as is telling him what's going on. It sounds silly, but I swear they understand. Tons of and for all of you. Welcome home!
    Couldn't agree more. Tons of rayz to Reese!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

How is Reese today? I have been thinking about him since you posted. I am sending so many rayz.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I agree with Lisa. I'm big on talking to my dogs and telling them what's up. I really do think on some level they understand. I also think letting them comfort me helps them as well as me.

Sending
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post: