Thread: Heidi's Innards

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default Heidi's Innards

Heidi had a bout of severe pancreatitis in September but has been fine since then. Yesterday I had her in to Laura for a meds prescription renewal routine check up. I wasn't going to get her bloods done since they looked fine after the pancreatitis got sorted but changed my mind at the last minute.

Good thing I did!

The readings were all over the place! Laura says mostly it's looking like she's fixing for another bout of pancreatitis, she's dehydrated (despite the fact that she drinks a TON ) and there's underlying infection and mild anaemia there too. So she's going back in today for a pancreatic test and then we'll see what's what. She wasn't best pleased about not getting breakfast ...I swear I could hear her say indignantly as she looked at the bowl of water with a teeny bit of chicken broth in it!

So any rayz going would be greatly appreciated. It's a damned good thing Laura lets me carry a balance though, because I don't know how this is going to get paid for....I could buy a very good used car for what I currently owe her. That lottery had better show up now!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Lots and lots of rayz for Miss Heidi. Having a vet that works with you on a payment plan is definitely awesome. I doubt that is something they teach in vet school.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

It's only cuz we're friends, Lisa. I don't think that Laura even knows how many $1000s I owe her right now. She could put in a new exam room practically for what I owe her. Have no idea how I'm going to pay it off. Frankly, I'd really rather be taking mydogs to Barry...Bussy needs a dental which he quoted a little over $1000 for and I just don't have the money to do it. But it's killing me knowing I'm just adding to my debt load with her.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I"m so sorry Heidi is having problems. Sending tons of
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Adding my too! I'm so sorry, but still, it's good that you had the testing done now! I totally understand about the big vet bills.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.