Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Cold, Cold, Cold

Brrrrrrrrrrr! Southeastern Texans aren't used to cold! It's only 30 degrees at 10:00 and the heater doesn't seem to be able to keep the house above 68. I think it's in shock that it's so cold outside. I had the heater guys out yesterday because the heater wasn't running and they rebooted it (who knew?) and it's running but not keeping it very warm in here. Darby's wondering what happened to the warm outside. The others just snuggle on the bed or in their crates under cover. We're making good use of the snuggle safes. I have one on the floor with my feet on it now! We're going to be staying in and doing upstairs stuff today because its warmer up there. Stay warm everyone!
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Yeah, this weather sux! We aren't equipped for it. I came back from Hawaii yesterday and it was like Jurassic Park to winter wonderland, so to speak. It took three hours to drive home from the airport when it should have taken 45 minutes, because of the snow and ice. Then today the water line to my chicken coop burst so I have to carry water from the house for my chickens. No fun. Just reinforces my decision to move to Hawaii! In the next year, hopefully. I miss my daughter so much! But I'm glad I had a wonderful trip and a great time. Now to get my house up for sale!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

I did have to look that up in Celsius. I do agree that is very cold for Texas. Just as a reference, it is 12°F here today. But I guess our homes are insulated differently etc. I really hate the winter.

This is all I got for why I live where I live (stolen from facebook)

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LexieLuvr View Post
    Just reinforces my decision to move to Hawaii! In the next year, hopefully. I miss my daughter so much! But I'm glad I had a wonderful trip and a great time. Now to get my house up for sale!
    That is awesome! How wonderful for you!! Sorry about the chicken coop though :(

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Awesome indeed. The chicken coop thing can be fixed so it's not a huge deal.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

That's balmy for this time of year LOL, but I know how it must feel when you're not used to it. I would feel the same about the 90 degree heat ... it would absolutely kill me!

Love it, Lisa!! It's -9C and a blizzard right now...I need to go shovel out a spot for the kids. not sure what I'm going to find when I get up to put Ferk out for her 3 a.m. pee *sigh* I LOATHE winter!!!!

Hawaii looks good right about now LOL. Sorry about the chicken coop...living in the country in winter can be challenging!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Lisa
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue