Thread: Buda Bound

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Buda Bound

On Friday we are leaving (hopefully) for the Wiener Dog Races at Buda. We didn't make it last year because I had been really sick. Hopefully, this year everything goes smoothly and we get there. Scooter is going to summer camp for the duration. Darby and Cash are ready to go. I'm tired of carrying in a bunch of boxes and stacks of towels and blankets so this year the Cash and Darby have their own suitcase! Going in style!
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

So jealous! Have a fabulous time. Is the guy that makes galvanized steel doxie signs still there? Ours is going on 10 years and still doing great.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

I can just see them each carrying their little suitcases Buda was always on my bucket list...who knows? May get there some day..... Enjoy!!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    So jealous! Have a fabulous time. Is the guy that makes galvanized steel doxie signs still there? Ours is going on 10 years and still doing great.
    He wasn't there the last time we were. It was a lot smaller in general. They decided to charge $5 to get in and I think it has really affected the turn out. There weren't nearly as many vendors as previously either.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

The last time I was there he was liquidating his stock and said it was his last year.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

Well, we're back! I'm at work now. I'll download some pics later and post. We had a lot of fun and amazing weather. Saturday was a bit hot, but not too bad. Then a storm came thru Sat night mostly wind and a little rain. It was actually nippy on Sun morning. I wore jean and tennies to the park and was glad that I did. Beautiful sunny days both days and just really nice.

The guy that sold the wrought iron stuff wasn't there, but there were a lot of vendors. Doxie stuff galore!

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    I can just see them each carrying their little suitcases Buda was always on my bucket list...who knows? May get there some day..... Enjoy!!!
    If you ever decide you want to go, let me know. We have an extra bedroom and it might be cheaper to fly into Houston than Austin. You could ride over with us and wouldn't need a rental car either.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue