Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default Just cuz we're living in town...

doesn't mean we don't get da bisitors!!! At about 4 this morning Ferk really needed to go out and Heidi decided to go too. We went to the back door and turned on the light and the biggest raccoon I've ever seen was opening up my greenbin, which is about 20 feet from the back door.

I tapped on the window and he looked up, gave me a look, and went back to his b'fast from the bin. They really are clever. However, he wasn't in any hurry to leave, so I opened up the door and he dove over the fence, then peeked around it to see if I was really coming out. Standoff. The girls were very confused by this time and dancing cuz they had to pee and poop. So I opened up the door again and he very casually walked along the fence and disappeared. It was dawn by then so figured he was just having a bedtime snack. good thing it wasn't Buster cuz he would have gone ballistic!! I put their leashes on the girls just in case I had to reel them in in a hurry. Lots of sniffing around, but all good.

Kinda cool if the dogs weren't with me, but scary! He was about 4 times the size of buster.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

I see them rustling around in the trash at the V.A. I've heard they can be pretty aggressive, but they definitely are clever and entertaining.
    We get armadillos. Those are odd, cute little things

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

This time of year be extra vigilant. Babies are out and about too and the Mamas are MEAN. Glad all are settling in the new place. We need pictures!!

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    This time of year be extra vigilant. Babies are out and about too and the Mamas are MEAN. Glad all are settling in the new place. We need pictures!!
    Good point, Lisa. We have them here, too. And I definitely live in town. Some of my neighbors must not be very good with keeping their trash secured because the ones I've seen here and VERY well fed. And, not at all intimidated by humans. I'm always glad when Scooter goes out first at night. He'll let everyone know if anything is out there.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue