Hard to believe that my "fragile" (to quote Laura) resilient, sweet old girl is being listed under the "BAD" category, but there we are. She occasionally in the past has been a dirt eater. not just a dainty "oh look! some loose dirt that looks yummy!" but a dig (literally) right in and chow down dirt eater. However, that behaviour had disappeared for the last year of so.

Until now

The last few days she has totally forgotten why she's outside, just headed straight to her favourite patch and started chomping down. This is the dog with the honkin' huge holes in the roof of her mouth leading straight into her sinus cavities, who has chronic sinusitis because it's impossible to keep food out of them. Somehow, I don't think adding dirt to the mix is helping!!!

And she's deaf, so yelling at her only worries the other two. We're FINALLY getting some warm weather and it would be really nice to be able to let her out to enjoy the sunshine, but I can't, because even with me standing right over her, she goes at it. And now Heidi's thinking this is a great idea so she's started doing it. My new neighbours must think I'm the biggest bitch of a dog mom out there with all the yelling going on (not to mention buster the inveterate poop eater ).

Anyone have any ideas?

Here she is thinking her mom doesn't see her out there as she's making a bee-line for the dirt patch