Thread: Ferk!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default Ferk!!!!!

Hard to believe that my "fragile" (to quote Laura) resilient, sweet old girl is being listed under the "BAD" category, but there we are. She occasionally in the past has been a dirt eater. not just a dainty "oh look! some loose dirt that looks yummy!" but a dig (literally) right in and chow down dirt eater. However, that behaviour had disappeared for the last year of so.

Until now

The last few days she has totally forgotten why she's outside, just headed straight to her favourite patch and started chomping down. This is the dog with the honkin' huge holes in the roof of her mouth leading straight into her sinus cavities, who has chronic sinusitis because it's impossible to keep food out of them. Somehow, I don't think adding dirt to the mix is helping!!!

And she's deaf, so yelling at her only worries the other two. We're FINALLY getting some warm weather and it would be really nice to be able to let her out to enjoy the sunshine, but I can't, because even with me standing right over her, she goes at it. And now Heidi's thinking this is a great idea so she's started doing it. My new neighbours must think I'm the biggest bitch of a dog mom out there with all the yelling going on (not to mention buster the inveterate poop eater ).

Anyone have any ideas?

Here she is thinking her mom doesn't see her out there as she's making a bee-line for the dirt patch

Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

No ideas, but I adore that picture and love the fact that the dog that wasn't going to last long is out enjoying herself.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

A muzzle?
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Great pictures, however doxies are their own worst enemies.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yolanda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Oh, boy. I have no wisdom about dirt eaters. I've had poop eaters and mine sometimes eat a dirt of the dirt under the BBQ pit but I've never had to deal with that. Hopefully, Ferk will realize that this is NOT a good thing soon.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

No tips because Maisy is still Maisy "Don't Eat That" Grace.