Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Grumpy Old Man - Updated

Cash is turning into a totally grumpy old man. He's been getting increasingly snappy about things. Mostly anything he doesn't like or want at the moment. Last week Dr C came to do VOM on their backs and Cash snapped at her when she tried to take his temperature in this ear! He's never snapped at her before. We ended up having to muzzle him so she could work on him. He snapped at me the other day, too. I went upstairs when I was home for lunch. Sleeping upstairs in my sewing room is his all time favorite thing to do. He went upstairs with me and went to sleep. When I was ready to come downstairs, he wouldn't get up so I could pick him up. I was trying to nudge him a bit and get him up (he snaps at you if you try to put your hands under him to pick him up sometimes) and he turned around and snapped at me. I ended up, making a muzzle out of a bandana so I could get him downstairs without getting bitten.

I think the other dogs are leary of him, too. Sunday I was in the sewing room and Darby was laying on a blanket. Cash went over and was sniffing him and Darby was laying really still looking at me and whining! I probably shouldn't have laughed, but it was a bit wimpy of Darby.
    Last edited by lotsadox; 06-27-2017 at 08:38 AM.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue