Threaded View

Thanks

I've known this from Facebook. I've tried so hard to come here to describe how bad this hurts my soul and it has taken me this long, Flippin tears streaming now just as I try to type.

I got so incredibly lucky to actually meet the fabulous Lisa and Rafi in person several years ago. True luck was on my side as they had Pogo and Pixel with them. While most find Pixel the baby to croon over, Pog stole my heart from the beginning. Truly was love at first sight. Just a glimpse of his face sent me into speechlessness. He just had that reaction with me. I loved that dog.

The searing ache of knowing he is gone is indescribable to most - of course you all understand, Dachshunds are not dogs. They are not pets. They get us through divorce, death, illness, injury, sadness, rage, depression. They give us the will to wake up each day and force us to admire and understand them. They greet us after each parting with undeniable love. They do not care what color our hair is, how much we weigh, who we voted for in an election. (they might get a bit pissy if their cookies are late) They are the epitome of true love.

and then they are gone.

Pogo, I was honored to meet you. I am blessed that you are with Hershey keeping him company until I can join you. I miss you Pogo. Truly I do.

Mama
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama S. For This Useful Post: