Thanks

Default Darn pancreatitis

Sebastian had his annual on Friday. He gained weight :( I think he is just less active. And his pancreatic numbers are worse. The norm is less than 140. Last year he was at 156, this year he is at 777. I have not changed anything in his diet, he and Sofie still get his ID Low Fat. I am very strict with treats and only buy low fat treats when I do give it. His appetite and poops are the same. He doesn't seem to have any symptoms at the moment.

Sofie on the other hand decided that she hates to be left at home, I think. For 3 days now I come home from work and find her bed moved. 2 of those days she dumped her blanket in the water bowl, which is not unusual for when she finds it needs to be washed. But now she is obsessing about it to the point that she bloodied the top of her nose moving it all. I removed blankets, but today she moved the bed again. And her poor nose is not getting enough time to heal.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks

I'm so sorry. Lots of
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Well, that all sucks, Olga!! the lesson I learned with Alex was that if the levels are all out of whack, but they're not showing any clinical symptoms a) do another bloodtest (free) in case it's the machine (that happened with Heidi and HER pancreatic readings in the spring) and b) monitor it closely, but so long as they seem happy in themselves, not worry about it. As for poor Sofie, maybe a kong? But it's all a worry, isn't it! for all of you!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Darby consistently shows elevated levels for pancreatitis but has no symptoms at all. Dr C said the same as Paula as long as he acts fine not to worry about it. I'm always conscious of it, but don't really worry.

As to Sofie, I have no idea what is going on there. I hope you find out so her poor nose can heal. Sending
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Sending lots and lots of rayz. I second a vet recheck of the numbers. That is really scary.

Poor Sofie, with Seb let you take her out solo for some walk time? Pogo used to do that when it needed to be washed too. Must be a weird doxie gene thing. I have heard people do well with pheromone therapy. Not sure if it would help calm Sofie while you are at work.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Olga, could Sofie be bothered by thunder? I ask this because I know where you live... and Angel at 14 has decided she doesn't like it AT ALL. Historically she didn't like fireworks but was okay with thunder.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Thank you all for your rayz and concerns!

I doubt I would be able to repeat Seb's lab for free since it is a send-away lab. Since he is not showing any symptoms, I am just going to watch him closely.

Sofie continues to rearrange things. I did remove the bed she was moving those 3 days. So, now she switched to their only bed left that is even bigger We did have storms here, and I do agree that it could be thunder that makes it all worse. She really gets nervous during storms. I wish I could afford to be stay-at-home doggy mom
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I'm so sorry, Olga. It's so hard to have to be away when the pups are having problems.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue