Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Default Thanks heavens for old deef doggies!

I put Ferk out around 2:30 this morning. Turned on the porch light, and checked to see if there were any critters out there, cuz there's skunks and raccoons and any number of cats around here. Nothing, so open the door and put her down at the top of the ramp only to hear chittering and see something shooting up the huge old lilac tree beside the ramp. All I could think of was "Please don't let it be a skunk!!!" repeated many many times.

Ferk went out, totally oblivious, did her thing, stopped for a minute to sniff the air, then came back up the ramp. Whatever it was (either raccoon or skunk) scurried off into the undergrowth and we went back to bed. Ferk back to sleep, her mother not so much LOL. Deef, blind and not much sense of smell left is a Very. Good. Thing!!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Pixel still vole hunts, a lot. I would not be prepared for any sort of drama at 2:30 a.m.! Glad there was no drama this morning.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

It can be a very good thing! Miller was so much calmer without all the stimulation. He even went thru a Halloween downstairs with me giving out candy to the kids. When he could see and hear he would have been freaking out at all the excited kids, the last couple years he just stood in the hallway and looked. It was a relief, I guess
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Yes,that can indeed be a very good thing. Git'er done and back to bed.