Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Harvey is Coming

It's raining and dark. Harvey is on his way. I have to go out in a few minutes to do some back ups of data at the office and then I'm coming back here to wait it out. We have water and have stuff secured. At this point we just hope for the best.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

I thought of you immediately when I heard on the news this morning that Harvey was going to hit as a category 3 hurricane. Will be thinking of all of you...is Jim heading home too? Stay safe and check in when you can, ok??
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Jim, um yeah. He's still at the office He'll probably roll in at 8 and have to get the last of the stuff in from outside in the dark and rain. I went in to do some computer backups and take them to the bank. He wanted me to do invoicing "later today". Um, no. I"m not going to be here "later today". Its going to have to get done next week. Clients can wait for their invoices and I needed to get home and get some water and ice put up and a few other things done.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Do you have to fill up the bathtub in case you lose power? Thinking about you, Jim and the puppers. Stay SAFE and please keep us updated.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Please take care! And keep us posted as you can. My prayers are with all those in the path.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Scooter is not a fan of the changing barometer. It's been raining but not thunder or lightening and he's all nervous. I put his thundershirt on and I'm giving him Rescue Remedy but he's not a happy camper.

So far, all we've gotten is rain. I just heard that the eye was 7 miles offshore and they expected it to make landfall within the next hour. I'm a couple hundred miles from Corpus Christi where it's supposed to come in so I have no idea when to expect it to be here or even if it will come this way.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Thanks for the update, more prayers for you and all others!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Poor Scootamoot Hopefully this is as bad as it'll get. NO flooding for you, I hope! Keep us posted
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Sorry, Lisa. I thought I answered you, but I don't seem to have posted it I have filled the bathtubs in the past and may have to do it yet. They are saying that Harvey may loop around and come up the coast to us yet.

Poor Scoots was so upset last night that I think he made himself sick. Poor guy. I gave him some pumkin and okra pepsin for his tummy. I was a little worried that it might be his back so I stayed upstairs until 1:00 watching him and icing his back just in case. But he seems okay this morning. He was kind of clingy earlier so I put his thundershirt back on and gave him so rescue remedy and he seems okay.

I am SO hoping it doesn't loop around and come back. I may have to do this again in a few days. I'm not used to staying up that late! I slept until 10:30 today and still feel tired.

So I'm hoping for the best. Thanks for all the good wishes.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Glad you are okay so far! Thanks for the update.