Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default This Needs To Stop!

OMG, I've been doing pretty well until now. But this constant rain is starting to freak me out. The reservoir is getting close to full, they are doing a controlled release but the levels aren't going down. They say the our neighborhood will not be impacted if it overflows but neighborhoods really close to me will be. I think waiting and stress is finally getting to me. Hoping for the best.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

You've been on my mind non-stop, Patrice!! Glad you checked in. so very very scary!!!! and have your evac bag on stand-by... Sending rain rain go away and
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Patrice, CNN said the reservoir has overflowed. Are you still there? Do you have somewhere to go? They are rescuing pets as well. How are your pets doing? Please keep us posted.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SaxLady For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I too have been thinking about you. It is so scary!! Have you had to take in family or neighbors yet? PLEASE keep us posted. I knew it was going to be bad, this is totally unreal.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is insane. One of my former employees' daughter is working in Houston in IT. So far she's been ok on the 7th floor of her apt. bldg. But Cathi just posted this..."The levee broke. The first floor of her building is under water, with fire ants floating on the top. They're swarming the 2nd floor." It's like something out of a disaster movie ...Patrice, please check in when you can.
    Paula & Buster

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The reservoir has crested. They are doing a controlled release trying not to completely flood the people below the dam while still relieving some of the near overflow situations. I just heard that the dams have not broken although they have crested. There apparently was a "news" report on FB saying the dams had broken but they are holding just cresting a bit. The rain has stopped and the bayou in my neighborhood is slowly going down. I'm upstream enough from the reservoir that we didn't have to evacuate and they said we weren't in danger of flooding but I was still nervous. I had a very bad night last night worrying about it. Some areas near the reservoir did flood was well as some areas that had nothing to do with the reservoir but were just flooding due to the huge amount of water coming down and creeks overflowing. The storm seems to be moving past so I think the worst is over. The good news we didn't flood and never lost power. Some areas in my subdivision did lose power which is the worst. So I'm hoping that things continue to get better. We are safe and doing well (except Scooter who has made a huge dent in my Rescue Remedy supply and is still a bit freaked out). Thanks everyone for the thoughts and . They always help!

One of the things I heard that I consider a huge step is that now shelters are allowing people to bring their pets and rescue teams are bringing out people's dogs and cats with them! I guess they learned their lesson after Ike. They wouldn't allow people to bring their pets on the buses or into shelters and had people refusing to leave with out their pets. The authorities actually woke up! Woohoo!
    Last edited by lotsadox; 08-29-2017 at 10:58 PM.

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

More prayers for you and yours, Patrice!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LexieLuvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Good update...cautiously doing . Poor Scoots...and I wouldn't have slept last night either!!! Glad you and Jim and the kids are ok!! Yes, it's better, but there were still a lot of people who just abandoned their animals, in many cases just leaved them tethered to drown. Lots of people being angels and saving them.
    Paula & Buster

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh thank heaven! I have been worried beyond belief but didn't want to call because if you didn't have power I didn't want to drain your phone. I have been looking at maps online that showed you are dry but once I heard they were draining the reservoirs I became VERY concerned. If you and Jim (or the dogs) need anything in the coming days or weeks please don't hesitate to ask. I will try my best to help you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Red Haired Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks, everyone. So far, so good. The controlled release at the reservoir seems to be working and the levels are going down. I'm still watching. The storm seems to be going up the east side of Houston now. We're dry and supposed to have some hot weather which is good because it will help us dry out and evaporate some of the water. I'm cautiously optimistic that the worst is over and its going to get better now. Scoots is much happier!

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post: