Mom here. I've been on the road up in Appalachia the past couple of days and FINALLY dragged in about 8:30 last night. Sutton met me at the door holding Savannah, near tears, and said "mama, she's hurt herself." Seems the incident had happened about three minutes before I got home, and he was a basket case.

I kept it together enough to get that she had climbed her doggie stairs to the trunk at the end of the bed and evidently her little leg went between the trunk and the bed, and when she got up on the bed she was limping and holding her paw up, not bearing weight.

I went zero to IVDD and mentally calculated how much we have in savings, called Brian on his cell and he and Robin (his wife, my friend) AND their two boys met me at the clinic. The boys love Savannah, and the oldest one even held her while Brian gave her a steroid shot.

His exam showed nothing broken, no sign of disc problems and he said she probably just pulled a muscle or ligament in her shoulder. I have some anti-inflammatory med to give her, and he said if she wasn't bearing weight and noticeably better to bring her for doggie day care today.

Not a lot of sleep around here last night - and I needed some pretty badly. But I'm thrilled to report that she is much better today and I'm going to let her rest in her crate today. She is excited when she goes to his office and I think she needs to just chill today.

Thank the good Lord. I remained calm on the outside but on the inside, not so much. Time for ramps.