Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default I, Sabannah, had a late night date wif my boyfriend Dr. Brian!

Mom here. I've been on the road up in Appalachia the past couple of days and FINALLY dragged in about 8:30 last night. Sutton met me at the door holding Savannah, near tears, and said "mama, she's hurt herself." Seems the incident had happened about three minutes before I got home, and he was a basket case.

I kept it together enough to get that she had climbed her doggie stairs to the trunk at the end of the bed and evidently her little leg went between the trunk and the bed, and when she got up on the bed she was limping and holding her paw up, not bearing weight.

I went zero to IVDD and mentally calculated how much we have in savings, called Brian on his cell and he and Robin (his wife, my friend) AND their two boys met me at the clinic. The boys love Savannah, and the oldest one even held her while Brian gave her a steroid shot.

His exam showed nothing broken, no sign of disc problems and he said she probably just pulled a muscle or ligament in her shoulder. I have some anti-inflammatory med to give her, and he said if she wasn't bearing weight and noticeably better to bring her for doggie day care today.

Not a lot of sleep around here last night - and I needed some pretty badly. But I'm thrilled to report that she is much better today and I'm going to let her rest in her crate today. She is excited when she goes to his office and I think she needs to just chill today.

Thank the good Lord. I remained calm on the outside but on the inside, not so much. Time for ramps.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Oh, no! Poor Savannah and poor mom and dad! I've been thru that. CC jumped off the couch and did something to her leg a couple times. First time, she was limping and I panicked! But before I even had time to make a call, she was starting to be better and then in a few minutes she was fine. Mom was the one that wasn't fine!

I'm glad SJ is doing better now. A ramp is probably in order. I have three of them now in different places.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

""Sutton met me at the door holding Savannah, near tears, and said "mama, she's hurt herself.""

First - I love this man.
    Second - I am so very very glad that Miss Savannah is ok. I too have had the near crisis experience of what Dr. C called a "stinger" injury.
    Third - Did I say I mention that I love man?

Mr. Rough and Ready - our hero
    Sandi aka Mama S aka keeper of da herd and da Popsicle flavor list AND Nana to Sean, Mykaylyn, Emma, Baylee, Eli, and Bryce and Mama to da brat, da boy and Brooke!

Thanks

He's a keeper, Mama. He was really beating himself up, talking to her, telling her she had to be more careful and she could walk places and didn't have to run all the time... poor guy.

I called him from Brian's so he wouldn't be there worrying and torturing himself, and he was really glad.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Yup, ramps are definitely in order!! Poor SJ...and poor you guys! glad it seems to be sorting itself out though.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Afternoon report - she's almost 100% back to normal. (Thank goodness!) and, Mama here's another man to love, Dr. Brian's bill for an after hours emergency call, a steroid shot and a bottle of liquid NSAID was... $57.18

I told the gal at the desk that couldn't be right, and she said "he put it in the system himself, and we're not allowed to change anything when he puts stuff in." Brodi, vet tech who has been there moons, was up front and winked at me and said "friends and family discount." I love my vet and his family.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rae For This Useful Post:

Thanks

SJ this is a little late in coming but I am soooo glad you are ok.Big hugs. Yes,daddy is a keeper.

Thanks

No idea how I missed this, but yay that Savanna Jane is doing great! And WOW to your bill. Your vet is a total keeper.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I have to say that Sutton and Brian are both pretty high up there in my book. You can tell a lot about a man by the way he treats a dog.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rae For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    I have to say that Sutton and Brian are both pretty high up there in my book. You can tell a lot about a man by the way he treats a dog.
    . Amen to that!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.