I came home a bit early for lunch and it's a good thing I did. Janey had given me my Christmas present yesterday and it was sitting on the kitchen table. Somehow (Buster ) it ended up on the floor and when I walked in the door there was Heidi scarfing back the dark chocolate that was in it.

Yes, Heidi, the dog with chronic pancreatitis Buster was looking on and Ferk was poking around the blankies in their bed in the kitchen.

My vets are still in Dartmouth and I hadn't heard much good about the vet here but any port in a storm. Bless them, they took them right in, dosed them with hydrogen peroxide and Ferk threw up pretty much everything in her entire body while we were there. No chocolate, so it was for nothing.

Heidi waited til we got home at least and threw up copious amounts of chocolate slime, so hopefully she's now ok. Bussy has had two doses of the peroxide and not even burped. I just hope he didn't get much...judging by Heidi's offering, he probably didn't get a look in.

AND to add insult to injury, I put Ferk in her new carrier (think Beverley Hills dachshund ) on the counter and she immediately jumped out of it and fell on the floor from that height. And then did exactly the same thing from the exam table at the vet. FELL ON THE FLOOR from 3.5' up. She's already such a mess with her muscles and bones. She's running around like an energizer bunny despite being filled up with gabapentin and tramadol, but the other two are looking very sorry for themselves.

If we could bottle Ferk's spirit, the world would be a better place