Thanks

Default A bit of everything

Hi everyone!! Hope you're all well? I haven't posted in a while but I've come and checked in every once in a while to catch up on things. I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas or happy holidays whatever it is you celebrate. Mika is doing well, she is strong and healthy and plays from the very second she is awake till she lays down at night. I can't really talk about it now, because I am focused just on his pain and getting him comfy right now but I will say this. Theo needs wheels and I need help to get them for him. :( He's goes down and has always gotten right up. He can barely stand now although he tries, still peeing on his own but he will fall over if I am not near by. Its ok, I always knew since is was a baby there were health issues with him, then his back in 2014 and every year after always a few flare up, he has always gotten up running. Not now. I don't even know where to look for wheels..I would love some advice and advise. PS- He's still my happy boy, wakes up wagging YES woot woot he can still wag and pee and stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

There is a place in the states that makes good wheels for dogs. I think it's called Eddie's Wheels for something like that. I'll see if I can find more info for you.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Here's the Dodger's List page the lists resources for carts. http://www.dodgerslist.com/links.htm

There's a lot of good info there, including what to look for in a cart. It does list Eddie's Wheels and Dogs to Go which apparently specializes in carts for dogs under 65 lbs. I hope this helps.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lotsadox View Post
    Here's the Dodger's List page the lists resources for carts. http://www.dodgerslist.com/links.htm

There's a lot of good info there, including what to look for in a cart. It does list Eddie's Wheels and Dogs to Go which apparently specializes in carts for dogs under 65 lbs. I hope this helps.
    Thanks so much for the link.

Thanks

Hi Kasi! So glad Mika is her frisky self, and sorry to hear that Theo needs help. You're a great DogMom, and I know you will take good care of both of these sweet babies.

You might also reach out to Yolanda - she has had more wheelie dogs than anyone I know, and she's a great resource.

Hugs from Kentucky!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rae For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    Hi Kasi! So glad Mika is her frisky self, and sorry to hear that Theo needs help. You're a great DogMom, and I know you will take good care of both of these sweet babies.

You might also reach out to Yolanda - she has had more wheelie dogs than anyone I know, and she's a great resource.

Hugs from Kentucky!
    Thanks rae! We all do what we can for them don't we. I will message Yolanda, thank you! Hugs

Thanks

I am sorry to hear about Theo. I have had heard really good things about laser therapy too. After back issues, blindness, deafness over the years, I have come to realise these things hurt us more than them. He will be fine with wheels, it will be an adjustment, but if it helps him get where he needs to go, he will adjust quickly. Hugs you, Mika and Theo.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    I am sorry to hear about Theo. I have had heard really good things about laser therapy too. After back issues, blindness, deafness over the years, I have come to realise these things hurt us more than them. He will be fine with wheels, it will be an adjustment, but if it helps him get where he needs to go, he will adjust quickly. Hugs you, Mika and Theo.
    Thank you so much Lisa. Theo did laser therapy about 12 times last December but was hurting him more bringing him in the car and him moving around so I stopped. I am already thinking about it again. You are right, it does hurt us way more than it hurts them. However, sad to say that I am so use to him going down and all the stuff that presents itself...I don't even get anxiety about it anymore. I just put my feelings aside and take care of him. Its about what he needs now and not about how I feel. Took a long time to get to this place. Its hard to separate the two. I do get sad because he is 10 now, not getting any younger but I've had 10 years with him!!! I never expected less from him after surviving Parvo I knew he was a fighter but wow. He amazes me all the time. As my Sister and I say, he is a special snowflake, hehehe. Hugs to you and yours

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

OMG, Kasia! 10?!?? How did that happen...I remember SO clearly when you got him, and then the parvo. you've been an amazing mom to him and Mika over all these years. I love that she's still her happy healthy self I totally echo what Lisa said. Sending tons of and just as many .
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    OMG, Kasia! 10?!?? How did that happen...I remember SO clearly when you got him, and then the parvo. you've been an amazing mom to him and Mika over all these years. I love that she's still her happy healthy self I totally echo what Lisa said. Sending tons of and just as many .
    I don't know where the time goes Paula....crazy! Hope you're well!?!