Thread: Oh, Cash

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Oh, Cash

Cash is going to be the death of me yet. He's now going thru a stage of wanting to get up several times during the night. If this wasn't bad enough, it's coming right on the heels of me having to get off the supplements that I take to suppress my food sensitivities so that I can have a blood test done. So I had already spent a miserable week with an upset stomach and not sleeping well at all and being exhausted. Sat night/Sun morning he was up at 2:30, 4:00 and 5:30. I was exhausted all day Sunday and basically did nothing except clean up some pee and wash rugs. Then last night he started again with barking at some time after 2 then again an hour later. I finally had had it and put him back on the bed, whacked his butt and told him to go to sleep NOW. I also gave him some Minchex (to relax him) and got the Squirt Bottle of Doom just in case. He did go to sleep and I've decided that he's getting Minchex before bed every night now. I WAY overslept this morning. Luckily, I don't have to be at work at a specific time so I'm just going in late today.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

UGH. hope you get to feeling better, Patrice. Not feeling well is compounded greatly by lack of sleep! As you know, I feel your sleeplessness - Savannah is thankfully doing much better with her sleeping, but we had years of not sleeping through the night - I think this is one of the reasons that God gives babies to younger people!
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

What is this "sleep" thing you speak of?? Believe me when I tell you I feel your pain. Ferk, once she falls asleep (apart from the peeing thing and having to go out around 3 am more often than not), sleeps. (Good pain meds on board LOL). Bussy and Heidi though quite often take it into their heads to have a good scritch in the week hours. Under the covers. Against my legs. The best part of going anywhere overnight without them like conferences etc. is the possibility of an uniterrupted nights sleep. I honestly don't remember the last time I got more than 4 hours in a row. I hope you're feeling better soon!!! (My guys said to tell Cash to keep up the good work LOL)
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Oh no. Many of us can relate. My daughter has insomnia, but no dogs, and I know how miserable she is. Hope you can find a solution.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Well, the good news is that I gave Cash some Minchex (a holistic mineral based supplement) last night and he slept thru. The bad news is that I had a terrible time getting to sleep so only got about 5 hours of sleep. One problem down . . .
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Minchex for you?
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.