Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

That would be the same look Alex used to have LOL. Too bad so sad, was my response It works!!! SJ will just have to get used to it in the interests of your floors, bedclothes and her innards!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    Yes, only in the mornings, and she lost ALL of her breakfast again this morning. It was scary - she was throwing up big globs of undigested kibble and tummy contents, and I was worried she couldn't breathe.

After it was over, she was her normal tail-waggy self.
    Try feeding her a small meal of several treats before bed. I think they call it empty tummy syndrome. When their stomach gets too empty they get nauseous. Scooter used to be really bad but since I started feeding him a handful of treats (as opposed the one I used to give him), he doesn't have much trouble anymore. He's still my throw up boy but he's not throwing up every morning like he used to.

In her case, her tummy is empty, then she overloads it by eating too fast and everything comes back up. If it was just from eating too fast, it would happen at dinner time, too. Since it's only in the mornings, I think its empty tummy combined with hoovering her food. Result: Throw up.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Good point Patrice. I used to feed Alex a very small meal just before bed for that very reason. So she ate 3 times a day much to her delight!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    Good point Patrice. I used to feed Alex a very small meal just before bed for that very reason. So she ate 3 times a day much to her delight!

That would make any doxie happy! lol
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post: