Thread: Not a Parakeet!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default Not a Parakeet!

Yesterday, I had some guys over to measure the windows that were broken by golf balls for replacement glass. When we were outside one of the guys pointed at Jim's car and I looked and there was a pretty yellow, green and blue parakeet sitting on the door handle of his car. It was very tame, one of the guys picked it up and was petting it. Then it flew off and I didn't think any more about it.

Fast forward to 6 o'clock. I came home from work, closed the gate and let the dogs out. I fixed some dinner and was eating when I saw Scooter in the living room. It looked like he was destuffing a toy. Except that I haven't given them any stuffies lately. So I get up to go look and he's killed the pretty parakeet and is pulling the feathers off. Aaaaaccckkkkk! Needless to say, dinner was over.

I put the dogs outside and was trying to decide what to do when Jim came home. So I got him to clean up the bird mess. I felt so bad. It was such a pretty little bird and obviously someone's pet. But Scooter was just doing what dogs do. RIP little parakeet.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

OK, I admit I got a bit teary over this. Poor bird I know he was just doing what dogs do, but still sad.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

R.I.P., little bird
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    OK, I admit I got a bit teary over this. Poor bird I know he was just doing what dogs do, but still sad.
    I know. I felt so bad. I almost got a little teary myself. It was a pretty little bird.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue