Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Default OMG! Some People Are So Upsetting!

I was in a chat room I use sometimes. I've gotten to know a lot of people there and we gather and talk. One of the things I dislike about it is that there are a lot of people who have done WAY too much therapy and are WAY too sympathetic to anyone who claims any type of mental health issue. They were talking about some hoarder situation and saying how the people shouldn't be arrested or prosecuted because they are mentally ill. Okay so then you're going to slap them on the wrist and say they can't adopt anymore and let them go to pick up, buy or steal animals to abuse?? That's just a great idea. I understand that the people are mentally ill, but just saying "you can't adopt' and giving them some therapy which will only work if they work at it, isn't a great solution to me. It still allows them to continue on with their ways.

There was a woman here who had her animals confiscated TWICE. A bunch of animals. She wasn't supposed to adopt any more. Didn't even slow her down. She still to tons of animals and it was the same story. Gross abuse. Filthy conditions. Horrible. It only stopped when they sent her to jail. I guess I'm just more concerned about the innocent animals than the sick people.

Sorry for the rant. I guess I'm just tired and stressed out with Cash having me up all night and my husband's family issues. Thanks for listening anyway. I did need to get it out
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

That is what we are here for, Patrice. Always. Well, hopefully

I agree with you. I don't think jail is always a solution But hurting animals or kids is kind of a no brainier for me. Especially after a second offense.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Nope, I'm with you Patrice. Once, maybe. It is a form of OCD. But once only. After that, throw the book at them. ACDR was involved in a hoarding situation with a "former" breeder. It was horrific. And now I hear that she's collecting again. It makes me crazy. Animals and children are off limits so far as I'm concerned, just like Lisa. Rant away, my friend. That's what we're here for.

Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

I hate that this exists to be ranted over. But, rant away, friend! It's people who care who make the difference.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner