Thread: My Cala

Thanks

Default My Cala

I needed to come her and post my news. To say I am really sad just does not cover it.

Cala has cancer (Lymphosarcoma). Today I am trying to go through all her options. I have ti do what is best for her. This really sucks, she is 13, a wheelie girl and has chronic stools. She does still have her doxietude.

Because lymphoma is typically not a curable cancer, it is critical that the patient's quality of life is good the vast majority of time. It is not an could not do that to her. operable cancer. I concerted some of the clinical trails they are doing however with her loose stool just could not do that to her. ; --- Not treating just going to make her happy and comfortable. She already has chronic loose stools -- In all my years of rescue, and owning dogs I have never had to deal with this ugliness.

This is a good web site in case you what to know more. http://www.vcchope.com/resource-center/canine-lymphoma
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

I am so sorry Yo! Pogo died of cancer, and honestly we didn't know until the day he died, so we were making him comfortable without knowing we were doing hospice care. I think you are totally doing the right thing for her. But it is not easy. When her time comes, I wish her a smooth transition and you grief without guilt. Hugs, Yolanda.
    p.s. F*ck Cancer.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Oh, Yo. It's little comfort to tell you that she's had a wonderful life with you, and that there is no doubt you'll do what you can to ease her way now, and when the time comes. Sadly, you and I are somewhat expert at palliative care, aren't we. It never gets easier. They steal our hearts, these furkids of ours, and then break them. Holding you both close and sending all the and there are. Please keep us posted, ok?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Mom View Post
    Oh, Yo. It's little comfort to tell you that she's had a wonderful life with you, and that there is no doubt you'll do what you can to ease her way now, and when the time comes. Sadly, you and I are somewhat expert at palliative care, aren't we. It never gets easier. They steal our hearts, these furkids of ours, and then break them. Holding you both close and sending all the and there are. Please keep us posted, ok?
    I agree with everything Paula said. I'm so sorry. You've done everything you can for her. Just love her til the end.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I keep in touch with her original Mom who loved her dearly. So, yes I know she has had a great life. It just sucks as you all know.
    Last edited by Yolanda; 03-12-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    Yolanda and the FurCrew.

" .... It takes a village ....."

Thanks

Angel was diagnosed in April 2016 with lymphoma and breezed through chemo (CHOP) with absolutely no perceivable side effects - she stayed in first remission for 18 months. She's almost 15 now.

That said, ironically, she is not doing well at all right now (not sure how much is disease and how much is neutropenic infection)... so I totally get your concern.

In my opinion, it is a gift to be able to help them pass, and never the wrong time if the decision is made with love.

Many for whatever you decide to do for your sweet girl.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

7. The Following User Says Thank You to oceangirls For This Useful Post: