Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

I'd probably head in but as Kim says, they may have gotten busy. Still, I'm worried too! Any news?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

I am also checking in on her this evening. What did the vet say?

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

Default Took her home

We just got home. Waited for 2 hours to get her discharged. The vet never came in the entire time I waited.

After not hearing from them I called again at 2pm and basically demanded that someone tells me her labs from morning. I was put on hold for a long time and then got to talk to e-vet who didn't know what her labs were yesterday (she was giving me the wrong numbers). She didn't know about heart murmur and started talking about increasing fluids, etc. And she also said it was an inconvenience that I couldn't get to talk to her until 2pm. The admitting vet told me I'd get a phone call in the morning with her lab results! I get it, things can get crazy. And it is not an inconvenience! I was worried! And all I got from the tech in the morning that she was stable and still not eating.

Since her kidney numbers came down and are back to what it was in February, I opted to take her home and do subcutaneous fluids at home. She is sleeping now. She still refused chicken, or scrambled egg, or peanut butter. I am hoping that she will once she gets settled back at home.

Sebastian was so happy to see her. He bounced around her trying to get her to play
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks

Awww, I know how you feel! We have been around and around with the e-vet and Oncology, and the worst part here is IT'S THE SAME PLACE (Blue Pearl). So sorry.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

I have wished many times that Cass was still here, because these two were so competitive. I think Angel would eat just so her sister couldn't get something .

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Kim & the Girls

6. The Following User Says Thank You to oceangirls For This Useful Post:

Rae

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Olga. I'm glad she's home with you. And that her values are back down. I'd worry less about the heart murmur than about the fluids at this point. It's all such a balancing act! Hopefully now she's home she'll start feeling better and eat. So scary. i'm with Lisa in the slurry/syringe thing. Had to do that with Jules til she decided to eat again. Tons more coming at you.
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

So glad her values are back down. Rayz for Sofie and Angel.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

She is refusing to eat this morning. I tried Kim's suggestion and fed Sebastian in front of her. She looks but won't take the food. And not drinking. She did get her subQ fluids yesterday and I gave her more this morning since she doesn't seem to want to drink. I am concerned about her sugar level at this point since she has not eaten anything since Thursday evening. I put some honey on her gums and syringed some sugar water. She is moving around to see what I am doing in the kitchen. But as soon as she sees food, she goes back to her bed. I am going to go get some hamburger meat to try.

They didn't give me any pain medicine for her. "We think she is not in pain". How would you know that since you have been giving her pain meds all the time?? They didn't give us anything for nausea either.

Thank you for your support. It is scary. She is my Slinky (her nickname). What a way to spend her birthday My S&S are snuggled together in bed. It is good to have her home though.
    Olga

Thanks

A lot of the time with pancreatitis, they will tell you to completely rest the GI tract for a couple days anyway (I know I had to do that with Cassie). Did they think that with pancreatitis, she would oversecrete/inappropriately secrete insulin and get hypoglycemic even though she is not eating?

Sweet puppy. You will have to do another birthday celebration when she is better!
    Kim & the Girls

Thanks

Kim, they did blood chemistry twice there using 2 different machines. I-stat glucose was 44 (norm is 60-115 for that machine) and then again 2 hours later on a different machine it was 70 (norm is 70-143 for that machine). That was Saturday morning. They did not give her any dextrose. And actually did not address it with me at all. In fact, our conversation was mostly about her kidneys.

My vet has pancreatic lipase test that just shows elevated or not reading. It does not give a level. That's why they diagnosed her with pancreatitis. E-vet did the chem and their machine is not specific to pancreatic lipase. It is just Lipase in general. Her amylase and lipase levels on that test are actually normal. So, maybe that's why they didn't talk to me about pancreatitis.
    Olga

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alfina For This Useful Post: