Threaded View

Thanks

Default Not a good update - Sofie could use some rays - update #5, 13, 18, 23, 25, 28

So, Sofie is at the vet getting IV fluids. Today is her birthday

A month ago she had her annual and her BUN (kidney function) was elevated but creatinine (another kidney lab) was normal. We were going to make sure she hydrates and recheck in 3 months. 2 weeks ago they decided to chow down on some organic fertilizer. Both have had some diarrhea and vomiting afterwards. I have been feeding chicken and rice. Sebastian had his first formed poop yesterday. Sofie stopped eating yesterday. She wouldn't even take a piece of chicken. Today she has fever, her BUN and creatinine elevated (83 and 2.2), she has pancreatitis. We will recheck her kidney function tomorrow after 24 hours of fluids.

First of all, I feel incredible guilt. I can't help but think my arrogance about gardening and how attracted they'd be to the organic fertilizer contributed to her condition. I got so excited about our new house and having a yard. Finally S&S had a fenced space for themselves. The vet is not sure what caused her condition. But I am sure it didn't help.

I would appreciate if you send the old gal Sofie some rays.

Also, those of you who had gone through kidney failure with your dogs, what was the BUN and creatinine your dogs had? Any advise on diet, supplements, giving fluids, etc. would be appreciated.
    Last edited by alfina; 03-27-2018 at 03:08 PM.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.