So something is just not right with Savannah. As you know, she is full-throttle, wide-open most of the time. Friday morning she woke me up at 4:30 wanting out of her crate, which is right by my side of the bed. I finally gave in and took her outside and she didn’t race out like a horse from the starting gate, but at 430 i wasn’t too observant.

She got in the bed with us and wouldn’t be still, and looking back i wonder if she just couldn’t get comfortable. She also shivered, which I know can mean they’re in pain.

She’s been fine since, but today when Sutton came home from work we were in the recliner and she didn’t go greet him immediately. When she finally did, she didn’t stand up on hind legs for ear scratches. He said he thought she was hunched up.

Since this is the third ‘she’s not quite right,’ I’m worried. She’s acted fine since then, and I was in the kitchen a few minutes ago and she followed me and stood up for ear scratches.

I gave her a dose of Meloxicam as a precaution, felt around on her and she didn’t seem to be tender anywhere.

Dr Brian’s for X-rays or create rest and gingers crossed? To get her still for X-rays he will have to sedate her and I’d sure like to avoid that.

Side note: took her to Brian’s Thursday afternoon for nails and anals. The vet tech did both, we never saw Brian, and Savannah DID turn around pretty darn quick when Jenna started the butt-squeezing. Wonder if she just pulled a muscle?