Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Sebastian could use some rayz now

He is acting strange tonight. Ate his dinner as usual and helped himself to some of Sofie's food. Now keeps moving from one bed to another. I picked him up and he yelped, tummy is tight. No leg deficit and walking ok. I gave him Sofie's Tramadol I had left. I really don't want to go to e-vet. Will have to see how the night goes.
    When it rains, it pours they say
    Last edited by alfina; 04-10-2018 at 06:13 PM.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Oh heavens!!! He didn't need to copy his sister, now, did he! How is he this morning, Olga?
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Oh, no! When it rains it pours, for sure. Sending lots of
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I too would like an update. Sending rayz.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

I am so tired. I have been up since 3:30am. He didn't get much sleep either. He just couldn't get comfortable. He was not vomiting but did have a small soft poop. I dropped him off at the vet as soon as my vet opened. His labs are normal with exception of his pancreatic one. My vet now just has a qualitative test (positive or negative), and since he always has elevated pancreatic level, she couldn't tell me if it is his back or pancreatitis. He was sensitive in all areas of his back, has no signs of deficit, all reflexes normal. His tummy was really tight. Xray was normal.

Since she can't rule out pancreatitis (Seb has chronic issue with that), she is worried about putting him on steroids. So, he is on Tramadol for pain, Pepcid for his stomach, and Rimadyl. He also got some subcutaneous fluids for his possible flared up pancreatitis and a laser treatment for his back. He is on movement restriction. I pulled his stroller out and set up his post-surgery crib.

I am hoping it is his pancreas. Last time he also started that way, and ended up having to have emergency back surgery He is hunched over and moving slowly.

It is true, when it rains it pours.
    Olga

Thanks

I'm surprised that they didn't keep him in with IV fluids! If it is his pancreas... Poor old man, and poor mom. Obviously he didn't want his sister to get all the attention. all fingers and paws crossed here that it's just a mild pancreatic attach and resolves itself quickly. Keep us posted, Olga, ok?
    Paula & Buster

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

Paula, I suspect it is really his back because he has not had diet change and has not gotten into anything recently to cause pancreatitis flare. I think that's why they chose to just give subQ fluids and not go all out for IV.

We went to bed early last night and he had a good night. He ate his dinner and breakfast as usual. He is not happy to be in the stroller this morning. I am off today. I think I will take him in for another laser today.
    Olga

Thanks

Oh, that's not good news. I think another laser treatment is a good idea. and the stroller LOL.
    Paula & Buster

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

For a good night and eating breakfast. I'm pretty much chronically tired lately with Cash sometimes sleeping and sometimes not. It really affects your outlook on things. Sending more
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Oh, that's just not fair! I've had that experience several times in the past. Get one dog straightened out and the other presents with an issue. Sending all of you lots of rayz .
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel