Thanks

Default Busy morning with Savannah Jane...

So I set my alarm for 6 a.m. and am usually awake before then. It seems this morning Savannah was up and at ‘em early - I heard her barking insistently at about 5:40 so went to investigate.

We have a cafe door between he kitchen and living room, and she had evidently exited the bed and snooted her way into the living room.

And killed a mouse. Yuck.

So I left it there for her daddy to pick up, fed her breakfast and fixed myself a cup of civilization in a cup, aka coffee. Returned to the recliner in the bedroom and heard the unmistakable sound of Doxie Horking.

Yep, breakfast came back up. All of it. Yuck. Now she’s fine and wants to kiss me. Ummmm, no thanks.

And it’s only 6:30...
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Ah, sounds like some of my mornings, only its Cash wanting to go out and then snarking Scooter, then Scooter throws up on the floor and Cash not having peed all he has to pees on the floor. Look at it this way, at least you don't have to clean up the dead mouse . . .
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Um, sorry, but She was just doing her bit, Mom, like a good Grasshopper should! Mighty huntress...of course, waiting an hour or so might have been a good idea, sweetie! (I love that you left the victim for Daddy to clean up.... )
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

One guess as to who cleaned up the mouse. Hint: does not rhyme with Daddy...
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    One guess as to who cleaned up the mouse. Hint: does not rhyme with Daddy...
    Daddy needs to step up and do his share of the SJ cleanup

Cash's Dad didin't putting the belly band back on him when he came back inside after a potty break. I suggested that if he didn't want to put the belly band back on, he could mop the floor. He now puts the belly band back on Cash.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsadox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

Hmmm... isn't daddy responsible for all dead animal disposal? Strong work there, Mom!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex's Mom For This Useful Post:

Rae

Thanks

Last time K was out of town, I had to murder a giant cockroach with a Swiffer, screaming the entire time (I'm not at all a screamer, but I make an exception for these giant cockroaches). I set the Swiffer on top of the remains and fled the house, informing husband upon his return that he was responsible for removing the corpse. We've been gone, so it may still be there . I'm not checking.

One positive to having no animals in the house at this time is that I was able to freely deal out a pack or two of Roach Motels like playing cards, rather than hiding them way in the farthest back corner under appliances. (((shudder)))
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel