Thanks

Default I, Sabanna, has had a GRAND ADBENTURE!

Mom here. Dang back door didn’t latch well when I came back in from turning burgers on the grill. Someone got out and went for a stroll around the house to the front yard, then decided to head for the road.

Freak out ensued. Thank goodness we are WAY off the road and she wasn’t on a mission... but dang. Scared me half to death. I finally headed her off and got between her and the road, and Mean Mama Voice got her headed back up the hill to the house.

Daddy was out looking, too, and he had some strong words once I had snatched her up out of the azaleas. Since we have poison ivy and I have gotten it from her being in the weeds before, a quick bath ensued. Served her right.

I was terrified, and I’ll be snuggling up a little closer tonight.
    Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Wagoner 1993-2012.
    Happiness is a warm puppy ~ Charles M. Schultz
    Named Savannah Jane ~ Rae Wagoner

Thanks

Nice to see she has not mellowed with age Little SJ always keeping you on your toes.

Smart about the bath, I remember last time you got it. More importantly WHERE you got it.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa For This Useful Post:

Rae

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

My nerves!!!! That has got to be the WORST feeling ever. SO glad you got her back quickly, and yes, the bath was both needed and deserved. Interesting that dogs aren't affected...must be the hair .
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

OhmydoG, that is the worst feeling. I remember coming home from work once to find the girls' paws covered with grass and twigs... they'd clearly been outside. Husband was like, "huh??" He had the garage door open and I assume had not tightly closed the door into the house. I suspect a kind neighbor found them wandering, collected them, and deposited them back into our home. They weren't runners. They knew which side their bread was buttered on, so to speak.

Glad the little explorer is safely retrieved. You can always dye those 50 new gray hairs she gave you.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

I know that feeling all too well! Scooter was a runner his whole life and while we live on a quiet cul-de-sac, there are people driving on the street and it scared the bejeesus out of me when he'd get out. I'm glad SJ is home and safe and, yes, she deserved the bath!

Poison ivy from dogs. BTDT Not fun!
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Tristan was a runner. Calmest, laziest, slowest, most chill wienerdog ever. But somehow one whiff of freedom on the breeze and that little sucker took off like a rocket

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oceangirls For This Useful Post: